• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Why is DeVilliers still bowling the likes of Morris and Wiese. Get them of and bowl Rabada and Abbot. Bowl them out, You're just ****ing gifting them runs. Hales got helped to his century after a very nervous ninety thanks to these two idiots.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why is DeVilliers still bowling the likes of Morris and Wiese. Get them of and bowl Rabada and Abbot. Bowl them out, You're just ****ing gifting them runs. Hales got helped to his century after a very nervous ninety thanks to these two idiots.
Making a game of it - kudos to him

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Agreed on Morris.

Not on Wiese, he did well today as a strike bowler.

Scaly piscine

I think Stokes is fine at 5, he keeps the run-rate high in the middle overs. 30s and 50s are fine if the other batsmen actually bat and not average 15 in a series. I guess Taylor coming in would help balance things a bit better.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Agreed on Morris.

Not on Wiese, he did well today as a strike bowler.
He got gifted wickets after bowling constant leg side thrash. All of his wickets came from bad shots. If he weren't white, the usual suspects would be deriding him as a quota selection.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I think Stokes is fine at 5, he keeps the run-rate high in the middle overs. 30s and 50s are fine if the other batsmen actually bat and not average 15 in a series. I guess Taylor coming in would help balance things a bit better.
Either Taylor or Bairstow maybe, although I like having six bowlers.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Ah, the Broad paddle sweep. Can't say I'd missed it.

And then the attempted catching practice. ffs Stu the guy at the other end has 100+.

EDIT
That was all academic, but Hales may have been persuaded to stick around a bit longer if he had any faith in the guy at the other end.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great knock but fell for the trap so easily. Really this has been an incredibly dumb 15 overs or so

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
He got gifted wickets after bowling constant leg side thrash. All of his wickets came from bad shots. If he weren't white, the usual suspects would be deriding him as a quota selection.
Woakes was legside.

Morgan was a poor shot forced by a fairly good ball pushing it wide and making him chase it.

Stokes has pretty much bowled the same crap all series as well, but got regular wickets.

Scaly piscine

Either Taylor or Bairstow maybe, although I like having six bowlers.
Yea I would think Taylor coming in for one of the non-performing aggressors (Roy or Morgan) and maybe swapping Moeen around would balance things out. I would rather Moeen played in a batting role he's used to in ODI cricket as I think it's very niched.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yea I would think Taylor coming in for one of the non-performing aggressors (Roy or Morgan) and maybe swapping Moeen around would balance things out. I would rather Moeen played in a batting role he's used to in ODI cricket as I think it's very niched.
Does Moeen open for his county?

Morgan's not going anywhere yet.