• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

cnerd123

likes this
By doing it off a second life. For example, once Guptil made an 80 I didn't rate after he got caught at second slip on 7. He was reprieved by the umpire due it being a no ball. For the over proceeding the chance he gave he looked clueless against Zaheer, after he got a life he kicked it up a notch. So that is one reason not to rate an inning because you simply didn't deserve to score a century. By all rights Voges should have been out. Innings that are full of chances are rated by no one and he more than gave a chance.

Secondly I think that with better bowling plans we would have made it impossible for him to score out side off stump since he is so limited and he would should have had him out. He scored his runs through inept field settings and non existent bowling plans by our think tank. The thinktank comprises of McCullum.

Thirdly it was a relatively flat deck.

Lastly - I am not actually saying his inning wasn't "good". At the end of the day I rose for Usman's inning because it was pure class. I didn't rise for Adam's because it was a run of the mill century and he doesn't play for my team.
Liked for irony.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Obviously an average of 100 is extremely flattering, but interesting to see how massively underrated he still is despite everything.

I've said it before, but I'm genuinely interested in when people are going to realise that he (Voges) actually is quite good.

Including the Aus selectors, perhaps. That's the only reason I can think of why he didn't get the VC role after Clarke called it a day - a decision that seemed to be based on 2 or 3 poor matches in challenging conditions when pretty much the whole batting failed anyway.

TNT

Banned
Dear Cricket,

I would like to apologise on behalf of all New Zealanders for producing Fiery, Blocky and Kiwiviktor talking about Australia/Kane Williamson. This was very poor of us, and we are very very sorry cross our hearts hope to die.
I will accept that on behalf of Australia only if you include Hurricane for his dreadful post about when to stand and when not to.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I will accept that on behalf of Australia only if you include Hurricane for his dreadful post about when to stand and when not to.
Do you stand for ALL centuries by members of the other team?

I really want an answer to that.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Liked because you saved me effort of posting same even though this took more effort to post
My post is nothing like Richard's theory. I give credit to people for scoring a ton after being dropped for example. Being dropped is part of the game.

Don Voges was out fair and square and repreived because he has a horseshoe up his Wazzoo.

cnerd123

likes this
Do you stand for ALL centuries by members of the other team?

I really want an answer to that.
I have and I would. I applaud every fifty too. Even when I'm on the fielding side.

Just a **** move to not show appreciation to the opposition side IMO.

The way you posted that doesn't even make it sound like Khawaja's innings deserved an above-average reaction; you clearly make it sound like Voges' innings deserved a less-than-average reaction. That's such a bitter thing to do. So what if the umpire messed up last night. That's not Voges' fault. You deciding that he deserves less appreciation for a good innings on account of someone else's mistake is just so childish.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I have and I would. I applaud every fifty too. Even when I'm on the fielding side.

Just a **** move to not show appreciation to the opposition side IMO.

The way you posted that doesn't even make it sound like Khawaja's innings deserved an above-average reaction; you clearly make it sound like Voges' innings deserved a less-than-average reaction. That's such a bitter thing to do. So what if the umpire messed up last night. That's not Voges' fault. You deciding that he deserves less appreciation for a good innings on account of someone else's mistake is just so childish.
Like I said ***** stick to talking about the IPL. You are good in that context,

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Including the Aus selectors, perhaps. That's the only reason I can think of why he didn't get the VC role after Clarke called it a day - a decision that seemed to be based on 2 or 3 poor matches in challenging conditions when pretty much the whole batting failed anyway.
Voges actually was named as vice-captain for the tour of Bangladesh, with Warner out.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My post is nothing like Richard's theory. I give credit to people for scoring a ton after being dropped for example. Being dropped is part of the game.

Don Voges was out fair and square and repreived because he has a horseshoe up his Wazzoo.
Bad fielding/bad decision - it's all the same to me

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Bad fielding/bad decision - it's all the same to me
I guess you have a point. However it was most infuriating when it happened. And if that means that some of the anger gets transferred on to Don Voges and his innings gets labeled as a fluke then so be it.
I am not arguing (I don't think I am) that his inning was useless. Or that it wasn't good. His concentration and discipline were admirable as was the way he paced his inning.

But certainly there was a HUGE elment of luck behind him tonning up.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Always stand for a century ffs.
If I don't want to stand for him I won't. If I had've been there to see that absolutely filthy Harbhajan Singh century against us 3 seasons ago I certainly wouldn't have stood for him either. Terrible display of cross batted hoiks. Quite possibly the worst century of all time.

Like I also said NO ONE in my area stood for Voges.

cnerd123

likes this
If I don't want to stand for him I won't. If I had've been there to see that absolutely filthy Harbhajan Singh century against us 3 seasons ago I certainly wouldn't have stood for him either. Terrible display of cross batted hoiks. Quite possibly the worst century of all time.

Like I also said NO ONE in my area stood for Voges.
Nice to know the Basin Reserve has a section specifically for holier-than-thou ****s. I'll remind myself to stay out of it when I visit.