• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah but I said you were my favourite team to watch. I have no doubt last night was fun to watch.

Heboric

International Debutant
Pretty dreadfull batting performance by SA, lucky for us englands fielding was even worse. I think I have said enough about duminy and behardien being picked above rr and miller but this showed again the issue...

Thankfully morris kept us alive to fight another day.
That dodgy author Dan Brown can write a new book on the mysteries of how Behardien and Duminy keeps geeting picked

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
What a travesty to lose that match. I think Joe Root should be MOTM as he made what could have been a procession into a nailbiter.
Yeah, without Root we wouldn't have had a proper match at all. Admittedly brilliant by Morris, but our fielding is simply dire on too many occasions. Not just the dropped catches, but also Morgan failing to run out Abbott at an absolutely crucial stage of the game. I remember reading about Bayliss viewing this as a massive weakness of our domestic game. For all the occasional brilliance, overall standards of fielding are unacceptably poor. It certainly wouldn't be tolerated in one of the souther hemisphere countries, but in England it's the default setting.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Morris is the talk of the town and dug up the match from 5 ft under... There is no way he wouldnt have been man of the match... He won the match almost single handedly.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Have there been many instances of a player scoring consecutive tons yet being on the losing side in both games?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Surely one of Sachin and Lara did this.
I'd be surprised if there weren't Englishman who had too

KP & Colly both came close in the 06-07 Ashes as if am not mistaken both scored 90s at Brisbane. Though maybe we were only talking about OdiS. Dunno

Howe_zat

Audio File
The obvious one is Rahul Dravid in the first two tests against England in 2011. There's been loads of occasions in Tests. Clyde Walcott hit 5 tons in a series against Australia where WI were smashed.

Back to back ODI tons are pretty rare anyway and we're only just starting to get to a time when a ton alone isn't enough, but it's not unique here either. Never happened to Tendulkar, Kallis, Sangakkara, Jayawardene, Flower or Lara but Chanderpaul did it, in his last match against Pakistan in 2006 and then his next match against India in 2007.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The obvious one is Rahul Dravid in the first two tests against England in 2011. There's been loads of occasions in Tests. Clyde Walcott hit 5 tons in a series against Australia where WI were smashed.

Back to back ODI tons are pretty rare anyway and we're only just starting to get to a time when a ton alone isn't enough, but it's not unique here either. Never happened to Tendulkar, Kallis, Sangakkara, Jayawardene, Flower or Lara but Chanderpaul did it, in his last match against Pakistan in 2006 and then his next match against India in 2007.
Michael Vaughan in 02-03 too

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm a big fan of looking at overall performance in a match not just the winning side, but **** me Morris won it from an horrid position, had to be MOTM.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Actually very excited for this decider. I think I just love Eng vs. SA contests. On at a good time in Australia to watch as well.

Too bad I've cooked an extremely mediocre penne bolognese for dinner. Sauce is sub-par, which has slightly ruined the mood. wahh

Howe_zat

Audio File
Rabada getting swing while Roy does what he does, trying to flash anything full through the off side

it's like watching a child play with a live socket

Howe_zat

Audio File
Hales and Roy getting themselves in a hole here. Need to try and knock them off their length because they're not good enough to work a good ball into the leg side.