• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
nZ's historical allergy to reverse swing once again rears its head. Good bowling Aus but goddamn that was gash from the greatest odi lower order we've ever fielded.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Looks like its 5-1 in the Chapell-Hadlee stakes now, these performances do little to convince CA to play us more.
This series is going to be 2-1 one way or the other, and the only game Australia has actually won so far was really close. Even if we assume that Australia chase this down comfortably, it'll be one comfortable Australian win, one comfortable NZ win and one close game with twists and turns. That sort of series will actually do a lot to convince CA to play a team more tbh. Behave.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread yet because I wasn't reading earlier, but this is the best batting tail on paper I've seen in an international side for ages, I think. Sodhi at #11 is h4x.
And as is often the case when a tail like this gets named and talked up, they've scored **** all :laugh:

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Lol. Well done Australia getting by with a second-string attack.

Complacency from the top 4, 5-7 just nowhere near their best and the law of averages catching up with the lower order.

Not fair to blame just McCullum. Guptill, Nicholls equally culpable. Feared something like this might happen in the absence of Santner.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
5 wickets for 9 runs! OMG! :-( I blame Brendon McCullum.

Anyways, who cares about this LO stuff. Bring on the tests! ;-)

Seriously though, well played Oz. People need to bear in mind that this is essentially the Oz B team.

vandem

International 12th Man
Well played Aust. Good captaincy from Smith, good field settings to Zampa (cutting off singles in the inner ring), used a slip in middle of the innings which got Nicholl's wicket. Seamers delivered in the second half, good use of reverse swing and fuller balls towards the end of the innings.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
This series is going to be 2-1 one way or the other, and the only game Australia has actually won so far was really close. Even if we assume that Australia chase this down comfortably, it'll be one comfortable Australian win, one comfortable NZ win and one close game with twists and turns. That sort of series will actually do a lot to convince CA to play a team more tbh. Behave.
We won the first game because the Aussies were arrogant and went at everything thinking they could half ass it and clear the fence easy.

300 was never enough at Eden Park against that Aus side.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
The Australians intimidated Walker into giving that Milne lbw. I hope Smith loses his match fee for his disgraceful conduct in this match.
Derek Walker is capable of being completely **** on his own, without intimidation. Woeful officiating in this series.

However, how do you not review an in-ducker hitting you on the toe when you're batting on leg, you're #9 and there's about 6 overs to go? Might as well right?

vandem

International 12th Man
... People need to bear in mind that this is essentially the Oz B team.
Which of Warner, Khawaja, Smith, Bailey, Maxwell, Wade, MMarsh and Hazlewood wouldn't be in the top Aust ODI squad? Must have some pretty handy players not touring ...

cnerd123

likes this
So glad I said "on paper". I actually hadn't typed it in at first but was wary of exactly this happening so took the soft option and put it in before I submitted the post :laugh:
First Nohit Sharma and now the NZ Tail.

I hope we can eventually put together an XI of players you predicted to score runs who then went on and didn't.