• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Shame about Nicholls and Santner, because if we ignore those 2 then this team looks high quality on paper regardless of an out-of-form Ronchi. In fact Santner is such a bad bowler that NZ should ideally play a pace bowler in his place (won't happen in reality)...or maybe even Sodhi
Glad someone else sees it past the confident swagger, the collar and the gum chewing. Those things don't make a good bowler. The Aussies are going to absolutely feast on him. He might get there eventually.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Marsh over Usman is Insane. When someone is in as good a form as Usman you just play them. Its not like Usman is playing any Shield cricket or SMarsh has been setting the world on fire in LO cricket
I know the Aus-Ind ODI series was a run feast, but Marsh's 140 runs in 3 innings (2 50s) at almost 47 is pretty decent.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
NZ must be excited just being on the same field as the world cup champions.

But realistically, NZ at 2.22 vs Aus at 1.67 is excellent value (for the Black Caps).

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
It was less than 3 weeks ago that Santner was by far NZ's best bowler at Eden Park
1st T20I: New Zealand v Pakistan at Auckland, Jan 15, 2016 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
A good day, no doubt. But if we're to believe he's got this confident, not phased at all persona about him, then the amount of absolute chunder he bowls can only be because that's the bowler he is (at the minute). Left-arm spinners get away with a bit given there's this general unease as to how to play them, possibly Indians aside. As I say, he might be good or great in the future. He's not now.

Aussie media this morning calling Gup 'unheralded'. Mmm.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
NZ must be excited just being on the same field as the world cup champions.

But realistically, NZ at 2.22 vs Aus at 1.67 is excellent value (for the Black Caps).
Yeah, I normally loathe betting on NZ because of the double disappointment that results from a loss, but when I saw that an NZ win was paying $2.30 yesterday, I couldn't resist.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This being two Tests remains stupid in the extreme.
Can't believe we are playing this 3 useless oders instead another test.
Please direct all negative thoughts and correspondence to David White, NZ Cricket.

Also has an unlikable face.

Test series will be unsatisfying even for the winner unless it somehow ends up 2-0 to one side.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'd say good work by the NZ negotiation team and not by David White :thumbsup: :ph34r:

Next challenge is to not revert to a bad test team in three years. Bowling is well-placed. Batting needs to fill some holes.
The top 3 will likely be stronger in 3 years. Hopefully Ross and Watling are still around too.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
The top 3 will likely be stronger in 3 years. Hopefully Ross and Watling are still around too.
Imagine we might lose one of those two. It's more like 4 years, Taylor will be almost 36, Watling will be 34 and he has had the odd knee injury.

There's enough contenders that we should be able to replace McCullum with someone fairly good imo, and if one of the number 6 allrounders seizes their chances the side will be fairly strong.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Wondering if this series is being televised in India. Not able to find it on any of the channel listings.

Really looking forward to this. The Eden Park game last year was quite the spectacle.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Supposed to be a crowd of 30,000. Should be good.

Got on the BCs at $2.40 on BetFair, decided that was ridiculous odds. Like Bahnz I seldom bet on the BCs because of the double kick in the guts if we lose, but I reckon this match-up is dead even.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I'm looking forward to this series being a rematch with all the same quality players of the WC final