• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Extremely sad to learn this would McCullum's last one. But atleast the man is quitting leaving the question, "Why so early", instead of "Too late?"

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
And NZ have no-one to blame except themselves.

iirc we could've played Boxing Day too but NZC wanted our own boxing day **** versus Sri Lanka

and a 3 match ODI 'world cup final rematch' will get more money than tests. well yeah but **** johnny average ODI fan, I want a three test series.
Pretty sure that David White's on the record saying that the NZC lobbied to get the mcg boxing day test and will continue to do in future

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Pretty sure that David White's on the record saying that the NZC lobbied to get the mcg boxing day test and will continue to do in future
I remember reading that it was a possibility but NZC wanted a home boxing day match of some kind.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Having been to games in Australia and New Zealand both countries are guilty of having the most rank piece of **** people to turn up and be racist/generally incredibly offensive ****wits to whatever team is touring. And then of course the rest of the crowd are pretty normal and polite. We're as bad as each other fueled by dumb**** rivalry over the decades.

At least we aren't English crowds tho
What's wrong with the English crowds?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol marsh is playing instead of usman
There are probably only ~ 3 people on the planet who don't realise how completely and utterly absurdly idiotic it is for Marsh to be selected ahead of Khawaja

what are the odds that they just happen to be the Australian selectors

mind blowing

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Extremely sad to learn this would McCullum's last one. But atleast the man is quitting leaving the question, "Why so early", instead of "Too late?"
He seems to be well and truly done. Because he's hurling himself around in the field like a human missile it apparently means he's fully committed and heads in the game, but he bats the same way - hurtling down the wicket and throwing the kitchen sink - playing every ball with the same method regardless of the merits of each given delivery. Every ball a bad ball. He always looks at his bat after each dismissal, as though the bats wot done him in. Cricket on speed. He's hurtling towards the finish line with nary even a modicum of restraint, as if he thinks the quicker he is, the quicker it will all be over.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
definitely not too early. The dude can't play innings of longer than 100 deliveries anymore.
Well, I'd be certainly chuffed if Mac can play 80 deliveries every match. Pretty sure NZ would as well.

I do get the point though. But he has almost singlehandledly made NZ ***eh after a long time. Of course he and Kane Williamson of course.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
He seems to be well and truly done. Because he's hurling himself around in the field like a human missile it apparently means he's fully committed and heads in the game, but he bats the same way - hurtling down the wicket and throwing the kitchen sink - playing every ball with the same method regardless of the merits of each given delivery. Every ball a bad ball. He always looks at his bat after each dismissal, as though the bats wot done him in. Cricket on speed. He's hurtling towards the finish line with nary even a modicum of restraint, as if he thinks the quicker he is, the quicker it will all be over.
I don't mind. It has brought him success and made him the brand that he is. His leadership will be sorely missed.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
1st odi team for eden park?

Guptill
Mccullum
williamson
Nicholls
Elliott
Anderson
Ronchi
Santner
Henry
Milne
Boult
Shame about Nicholls and Santner, because if we ignore those 2 then this team looks high quality on paper regardless of an out-of-form Ronchi. In fact Santner is such a bad bowler that NZ should ideally play a pace bowler in his place (won't happen in reality)...or maybe even Sodhi

Last edited:

Gob

International Coach
Marsh over Usman is Insane. When someone is in as good a form as Usman you just play them. Its not like Usman is playing any Shield cricket or SMarsh has been setting the world on fire in LO cricket

91Jmay

International Coach
Marsh is a good ODI player to be fair, he is tragic T20i player though and that Usman wasn't picked for T20i and now isn't playing here is just really weird.

Compton

International Debutant
I'll never fail to be amazed at the lengths selectors will go to in ensuring Shaun Marsh plays international cricket.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
1st odi team for eden park?

Guptill
Mccullum
williamson
Nicholls
Elliott
Anderson
Ronchi
Santner
Henry
Milne
Boult
That's a very hit-and-miss middle order for a series that's billed as not-JAMODI, but having faced Amir and co means they've at least had some exposure to pace bowling of a decent standard. Need Elliott back in form with the bat, and wouldn't have minded fitting Latham in, otherwise its asking a lot of that top 3.

The bowlers have mostly had it their way through the summer, so it'll be a good test for the likes of Milne and Henry on having to deal with opposition batsmen who are one level above the Pakistanis in terms of ODI strikepower.