• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha yeah it's been pretty dormant but you know the thread will explode in a few days

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Kane Williamson, aka, that cherubic faced god, lord of my heart, is unfortunately due for a bad one. I hope it is not in this series. That said, i'd love to see the prodigious Santner making his dough in this series.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
NZ matches are the worst for the Indian timezone, won't get to see any of this.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
I am looking forward to how these Australian batsman especially Warner, Khawaja and Smith handle these swinging conditions. They're going to get exposed just like they were in England.

91Jmay

International Coach
To be fair Khawaja wasn't really exposed by swing in England. More Graeme Swann basically stealing his soul.

Spark

Global Moderator
Nor was Warner (in fact, Warner looked the opposite of "exposed by swing"). Or Smith, really. It's the rest of them that need worrying about.

Shouldn't be surprised at trite cliches given the poster's identity, though.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Smith looked very loose whenever the ball swung, but yeah Warner has always looked compact and class in basically all conditions.

Spark

Global Moderator
Smith looked very loose whenever the ball swung, but yeah Warner has always looked compact and class in basically all conditions.
He's played swing better than that in English conditions before, though. He looked extremely solid at times in 2013. That was when I first really noticed his really major movement across the crease, really getting him into line with the ball, and then he'd leave basically anything that was outside off stump and not a half-tracker. Worked well, just didn't have the know-how to really cash in and turn his good scores into great scores back then.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I decided that with the Aus/India series over, it was time to sticky the thread. Had to dig down to page 3 to find it.
That's still better than some series threads which never even get to the 'sticky' part and remains on page 3 for the life of the series.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This thread will go one of 2 ways:

If NZ are winning, thread will stay very active with NZ posters.
If Aus are winning, NZ posters will probably be quieter and Australian and most other posters will mostly ignore the thread regardless and it will stay quiet

veganbob

U19 Captain
1st odi team for eden park?

Guptill
Mccullum
williamson
Nicholls
Elliott
Anderson
Ronchi
Santner
Henry
Milne
Boult

Athlai

Not Terrible
This thread will go one of 2 ways:

If NZ are winning, thread will stay very active with NZ posters.
If Aus are winning, NZ posters will probably be quieter and Australian and most other posters will mostly ignore the thread regardless and it will stay quiet
Similar to how 8 of the top 15 most posts in NZ in AU were Kiwis for that massively successful tour. (1 neutral, 6 Aussies)

If this is implying Kiwis are fairweather fans I'm calling shenanigans. The majority of the Kiwi fanbase has stuck through far bleaker times than these.