• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
This thread will go one of 2 ways:

If NZ are winning, thread will stay very active with NZ posters.
If Aus are winning, NZ posters will probably be quieter and Australian and most other posters will mostly ignore the thread regardless and it will stay quiet
Imo the thread is going to go one of two ways:

If NZ are winning, TJB is going to post ****
If Aus are winning, TJB is going to post ****

sorry miscounted that's only one way

veganbob

U19 Captain
Lets get some series prediction/analysis going rather than thread predictions/analysis. Its not a topic titled "thread post analysis official"

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Similar to how 8 of the top 15 most posts in NZ in AU were Kiwis for that massively successful tour. (1 neutral, 6 Aussies)

If this is implying Kiwis are fairweather fans I'm calling shenanigans. The majority of the Kiwi fanbase has stuck through far bleaker times than these.
not deliberately implying that at all. Everyone's more likely to post when they're sides winning I think, and from what I've seen NZ posters tend to be more active than others on this specific forum. Your point about the NZ in Aus thread pretty much backs up what I'm saying.
Imo the thread is going to go one of two ways:

If NZ are winning, TJB is going to post ****
If Aus are winning, TJB is going to post ****

sorry miscounted that's only one way
not sure why you'd bother posting if not going to be relevant tbh

just makes you look mad

_Ed_

It's not on free-to-air here either, with the possible exception of a token ODI on Prime.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Most Aussies seem to get a toilet seat thrown at them, or a bath tub. I'll be taking along about 5 toilet seats and a sack of fish on Wednesday.

"I could never analyse why, right from the outset, sections of the New Zealand crowds had taken a set against Greg. Perhaps it was his jaunty manner on the field. Perhaps he was a shade too successful for the liking of the more rabidly parochial Kiwi fans...You could never understand the mentality behind the crank phone calls Greg received in New Zealand, the egg-throwing and the incident in Wellington where a toilet seat was thrown on the field".
Allan Border[78]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Matthews

"Boof [Australia's coach Darren Lehmann] said when he played in Wellington he got a fish thrown at him, or a toilet seat or something, so it'd be nice if that didn't happen. In terms of banter from the crowd, yeah, it happens in Australia to visiting teams and even to us, so it should be a good experience."
Kane Richardson
Australians sledged upon arrival in New Zealand for one-day and Test series

They do love their tall tales about the horrendous Kiwi crowds, do the Aussies.

TheJediBrah

Most Aussies seem to get a toilet seat thrown at them, or a bath tub. I'll be taking along about 5 toilet seats and a sack of fish on Wednesday.

"I could never analyse why, right from the outset, sections of the New Zealand crowds had taken a set against Greg. Perhaps it was his jaunty manner on the field. Perhaps he was a shade too successful for the liking of the more rabidly parochial Kiwi fans...You could never understand the mentality behind the crank phone calls Greg received in New Zealand, the egg-throwing and the incident in Wellington where a toilet seat was thrown on the field".
Allan Border[78]

"Boof [Australia's coach Darren Lehmann] said when he played in Wellington he got a fish thrown at him, or a toilet seat or something, so it'd be nice if that didn't happen. In terms of banter from the crowd, yeah, it happens in Australia to visiting teams and even to us, so it should be a good experience."
Kane Richardson

lol I doubt they made them up mate

Flem274*

123/5
PS need southee and wagner to have series of their lives since Boult is in droppable form if he wasn't trent boult

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Allan Border[78]

Kane Richardson

And a 'lady' once pissed in her seat at Suncorp Stadium, not wanting to miss a minute of Origin.

Interesting that Kane Richardson's memory is unable to decipher the difference between a fish and a toilet seat. Although I suppose being Australian and a fast bowler is a double disability in a mental sense.

But seriously, Australian and NZ crowds are fairly identical. I'd say we're a little more worldly in terms of the teams and names playing here, however.

Athlai

Not Terrible
And a 'lady' once pissed in her seat at Suncorp Stadium, not wanting to miss a minute of Origin.

Interesting that Kane Richardson's memory is unable to decipher the difference between a fish and a toilet seat. Although I suppose being Australian and a fast bowler is a double disability in a mental sense.

But seriously, Australian and NZ crowds are fairly identical. I'd say we're a little more worldly in terms of the teams and names playing here, however.
Kane Richardson is talking about a story he half remembers, dunno why you're picking on that.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Having been to games in Australia and New Zealand both countries are guilty of having the most rank piece of **** people to turn up and be racist/generally incredibly offensive ****wits to whatever team is touring. And then of course the rest of the crowd are pretty normal and polite. We're as bad as each other fueled by dumb**** rivalry over the decades.

At least we aren't English crowds tho

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Can't believe we are playing this 3 useless oders instead another test.
And NZ have no-one to blame except themselves.

iirc we could've played Boxing Day too but NZC wanted our own boxing day **** versus Sri Lanka

and a 3 match ODI 'world cup final rematch' will get more money than tests. well yeah but **** johnny average ODI fan, I want a three test series.