• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Meh I also advocated that Taylor should play in the UAE from the start of that tour because he played spin well and would after Cook and Root be England's best batsmen there.

He's just a lot better player of spin than pace and was always going to be vulnerable this tour.

If anything he's tried a little too hard to impose himself on the SA seamers this series. Needs to play a little more to his strengths which may come in time.

As it happens, I'd in all likelihood give him the next 14 tests or so through next summer and winter because a) his short leg work is a real +ve b) the 7 tests next winter are in Bangladesh and India and c) he's done ok, works hard and there is no-one noticeably better
Taylor's done enough to warrant an extended go with the proviso that we'd like to see better results please.

cnerd123

likes this
nes: "@ Alan, Andrew couldn't figure this puzzle.....One of my many pet peeves, but if a ball pitches outside OFF stump but is adjuticated to be hitting THE STUMPS and strikes in front of the STUMPS, then the verdict is OUT. If a ball pitches outside LEG stump and s adjuticated to be hitting the STUMPS, and strikes in front of the STUMPS, then the verdict is ****NOT OUT***. What has the LEG STUMP done to deserve such fate???
Cricinfo comments have reached a new low.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cricinfo comments have reached a new low.
You are not looking for people who understand cricket on cricinfo are you?? Never mind the "commentators" who actually publish them! I can never work out if its for a laugh or they are as bad.

Stefan9

International Debutant
So what does everyone reckon AB would be happy with setting if SA don't get bowled out? Think about 400 personally depending on time.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a question I'm sure I've asked before, though in not quite such a unique way.
You might get people stacking the legside field and bowling there which as a batsman gives you pretty much no option to play anywhere else unless you're Sehwag v Paul Harris.

Bowling outside off and stacking the offside field does the same but the difference is you're no longer forced to play it. Too straight and you can play it pretty much anywhere you like.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As long as we are doing this, did they come to an official decision on how if a switch hit changes the off-stump and leg-stump?

Howe_zat

Audio File
You might get people stacking the legside field and bowling there which as a batsman gives you pretty much no option to play anywhere else unless you're Sehwag v Paul Harris.

Bowling outside off and stacking the offside field does the same but the difference is you're no longer forced to play it. Too straight and you can play it pretty much anywhere you like.
I mean, I would have asked that question when I started watching cricket.

flibbertyjibber

Game on?

If we can keep them under 250 they will fancy this.

Got to love a guy spouting off about the opposition attack before the game and bagging a pair.

Stapel

International Regular
Well, an Anderson top spell was due. He hasn't had things going his way this series, but this was coming.

What about ABdV? Such a great batsman. He had a collection of good strats without conversion. So you'ld expect a biggy, rather than three ducks in a row......

Stefan9

International Debutant
AB has had a shocking series. Up to # now, if england get him they will fancy it. While he is there SA will still feel in control.

vcs

England should fancy their chances chasing anything under 330 IMO. Plenty of work still to do for SA.

flibbertyjibber

England should fancy their chances chasing anything under 330 IMO. Plenty of work still to do for SA.
If Abbot can't bowl that puts it in Englands favour a bit more, might be able to chase more runs if Elgar and Duminy have to bowl more. Got to bowl the Saffers out first though.

flibbertyjibber

Jimmeh is done. Time to get rid. Oh wait........
He'll be fine in the summer when he has full fitness and a few games behind him for Lancashire before the tests. Never thought anything else, he was brilliant 2 months ago in UAE so it was the injury not ability that hampered him this series.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I know they fancy Ali against Duminy, but I'd still like to see quicks at both end whilst the ball is new.
As long as one of them isn't Woakes, of course.

Oh, and Jimmy bagging AB is an absolute treat, whatever happens over the next couple of days.

91Jmay

International Coach
Kept the runs so tight as well this morning. Either we bowl them out or they are going to struggle to post the 400+ total they will want and still have 100 + overs at us.