• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah that was worth the gamble, Moeen looked more dangerous than anymore bar Jimmy.

Interesting to see how SA play tomorrow now they've lost those overs. Would imagine they will target a declaration with at least an hour left tomorrow. Can they add 230-250 before then?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah that was worth the gamble, Moeen looked more dangerous than anymore bar Jimmy.

Interesting to see how SA play tomorrow now they've lost those overs. Would imagine they will target a declaration with at least an hour left tomorrow. Can they add 230-250 before then?
I should think so, unless the storms mess with things. 65 overs tomorrow at 3.5 an over gets them to a lead of 400 while leaving England around 115 overs.

Wonder when England will switch from 'bowl them out' to 'buy time'. Probably around lunch.

Howe_zat

Audio File
So how much bad weather is there forecast for days 4 and 5. May make it a tricky decision as to how long to bat on for AB.
It is for sun every day with rainstorms coming in in the evening. AB shouldn't really account for rain at all, they will start a bit early to make up for the bad light.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah the risk reward was well in Cooks favour, Ali might get a wicket and SA aren't going to do any damage to Root given the time/light situation.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
By the way just as a piece of useless information... apparently Rabada is looking for a contract in County cricket to improve his skills but all the overseas places have been taken up... I wonder how long that will last?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
In fairness Egyptian predicts failure for everyone.

Did think a few people went a bit over the top in praise of him and about how obvious it was he should be in the side. Grass is greener and all that.

Same people saying we should bring back Ballance who thought he clearly needed to be dropped in the summer winds me up. I though Ballance was harshly treated, doesn't mean everyone else deserves to be too.
Meh I also advocated that Taylor should play in the UAE from the start of that tour because he played spin well and would after Cook and Root be England's best batsmen there.

He's just a lot better player of spin than pace and was always going to be vulnerable this tour.

If anything he's tried a little too hard to impose himself on the SA seamers this series. Needs to play a little more to his strengths which may come in time.

As it happens, I'd in all likelihood give him the next 14 tests or so through next summer and winter because a) his short leg work is a real +ve b) the 7 tests next winter are in Bangladesh and India and c) he's done ok, works hard and there is no-one noticeably better

Stefan9

International Debutant
KG only wants a short stint in county cricket, think it would be good for his development. a Lot of great SA fast bowlers did have some stint in county cricket.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah he should really come to Warwickshire given Donald, Pollack etc but we really don't need pace bowlers + we have Jeets who is as good an overseas player as possible to get for a whole season.