• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

91Jmay

International Coach
Healy (like a few others) is really frustrating, when he talks about what he was great at he's fascinating, really annoying otherwise. That Sky masterclass with him and Warbe really showed how brilliant they can talk about cricket. Why the **** they're so awful at it in commentary I have no idea.
their personalities

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Healy (like a few others) is really frustrating, when he talks about what he was great at he's fascinating, really annoying otherwise. That Sky masterclass with him and Warbe really showed how brilliant they can talk about cricket. Why the **** they're so awful at it in commentary I have no idea.
Sky honestly has a decent influence on most comms, Warne has been dreadful at times (5th Test Ashes 2013 immediately springs to mind) but he's nowhere near as bad on Sky as he is on C9 or ESPNStar.

Reckon part of the problem is that C9's commentary box is basically Taylor/Waugh's team giving it a 'lads on tour' mentality with clowns like Brayshaw joining in. **** knows what Ritchie though about it before he sadly passed.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Is it just me who, just for a over or so, would stick literally everyone between the keeper and point for Joe Root when he first comes to the crease?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon someone like Healy or Warne would be excellent if they were forced to commentate alone. When they're in a group of 3 or more with their 'mates' they get jokey and ridiculous and it creates a cascade of awfulness where they all make each other more and more annoying to listen to.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pity Cook is already 33.. Wonder what took so long.
He scored 390 in 2006, so not like he has just found form now.
He did not maintain form, they did try him in the SA A side and he never really performed. This is why van Zyl and Roussouw got in ahead of him initially, as they had more than 2+ seasons at the domestic level, and did well at SA 'A' . Cooks recent inclusion came from us needing a genuine opener and he scored good runs in the last two seasons. But at this stage his age counted against him... so hence the long debate.

Do you go for the younger guys showing lots of promise and scoring domestic runs initially and orginally chosen or do you go for an opener that has been there or there about?? SA could not make up its mind along with the "political" reform issue with Bavuma etc..

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stokes' averages now at 34 with the bat and 38 with the ball. Think this time next year they'll be the other way around. Mooen's are 27 and 39 respectively.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was so happy that Cook finally seemed like he was going back out of firm and the instant I think that, he starts scoring runs. Stupid Cook.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Stokes' averages now at 34 with the bat and 38 with the ball. Think this time next year they'll be the other way around. Mooen's are 27 and 39 respectively.
It'll be interesting to see how his bowling kicks on, he's definitely a weapon with the ball now but regardless of his good games he seems to struggle to average under 40 for any length of time.

91Jmay

International Coach
Well that is a better response than I thought. Flat pitch but up and down bounce + spin means we need parity in 1st innings.

Cooky looks really good.

Stace

First Class Debutant
Was hoping Cook would get a single to get on strike for tomorrow as Root hasn't been good restarting his innings the next day. Such class from them both congratulating De Kock.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
I was so happy that Cook finally seemed like he was going back out of firm and the instant I think that, he starts scoring runs. Stupid Cook.
He's not really looked out of form the whole series. When he's properly out of form he can barely hold the bat the right way up. Just seems to have been getting out in crap ways.