• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Chris Gayle some sort of perverted misogynist or can everyone just settle down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As someone who previously identified as a feminist, I am aware of the diversity within that group but over the last 2 or 3 years, those with dissenting views within feminism have been ostracised and outcast from academia. Germaine Greer and Christina Hoff Summers are two of many examples. Greer is a little more muddied given her comments about trans-women but that shouldn't mean she should be censored at university campuses, she should be called out.

The word feminism has been hijacked by the regressive element which has distanced itself from older pragmatic feminists.
Lol you weren't a feminist you liar.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
As someone who previously identified as a feminist, I am aware of the diversity within that group but over the last 2 or 3 years, those with dissenting views within feminism have been ostracised and outcast from academia. Germaine Greer and Christina Hoff Summers are two of many examples. Greer is a little more muddied given her comments about trans-women but that shouldn't mean she should be censored at university campuses, she should be called out.

The word feminism has been hijacked by the regressive element which has distanced itself from older pragmatic feminists.
Do you have the postal address for Feminist Worldwide Headquarters to write a letter of complaint? I'll get on it after I write to Islam High Command about them all being terrorists.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
There is more than one type of Feminist?

Usually I'm all for complexity and nuance in a subject, but how do you have variations of wanting equality for men and women in society?

Captain_Cook

U19 12th Man
Do you have the postal address for Feminist Worldwide Headquarters to write a letter of complaint? I'll get on it after I write to Islam High Command about them all being terrorists.
Do you disagree with anything I've said? Would you rather ask rhetorical questions to emphases the decentralisation of the feminist movement? What relevance does Islam have to this conversation?

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
#NoTrueScotsman

I am not a politically correct, regressive feminist. Hence, why I don't call myself a feminist because I'm immediately outcast by the regressives.
So the thing stopping you from calling yourself a feminist is a bunch of people being mean to you. Your beliefs must be pretty weak.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Similar to how you get extreme ends of most ideological/philosophical spectrums, I guess.

edit: @ *****

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.