• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Chris Gayle some sort of perverted misogynist or can everyone just settle down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smash84

The Tiger King
I doubt it, you've been making **** posts for years, I don't see why that would change now. This was just mind-bendingly bad, even by your dismal standards.
Of course you should doubt it. I wasn't being serious. If it hurts your feelings then ,well, too bad. I find it pleasantly surprising that you can be riled by **** posting given that you constantly post ****. You should expect more **** posting until you cut down on your own :p

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Geez I thought this had been dealt with. He was in the wrong and was fined. The issue was discussed. Hopefully female presenters will be given due respect in future. Mel said herself she wanted to move on now. If this was an Australian player there is no way they'd be banned for life from the comp.

The reports about him possibly exposing himself to a woman don't sound great but given she was wandering around in his changing room while he was actually getting dressed, is it really that serious even if it did happen?
It depends on the context of the purported exposure. I should have thought this was obvious.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not sure I agree with the BBL or the cricket grounds removing fans from having signs that say #standbygayle. That's going too far

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I didn't want to post in this thread again, but Smali, let's get one thing abundantly clear.

Irrespective of what you think about the interview, irrespective of how you view Chris Gayle, irrespective of how you feel about the reaction to all of this, and irrespective of how you see these other allegations against him, this is neither the time nor place for goddamn 'sausage' jokes that would be cringed at by a ****ing nine year old.

If that is the extent of your contribution to this thread, **** off out of it and let the grown-ups talk. If you are actually capable of acting your ****ing age, do it. I know I'm being patronising, but if all you're going to do is make disgusting, tasteless jokes and then try to claim the moral high ground​, I really don't give a **** if I offend you.

smash84

The Tiger King
I didn't want to post in this thread again, but Smali, let's get one thing abundantly clear.

Irrespective of what you think about the interview, irrespective of how you view Chris Gayle, irrespective of how you feel about the reaction to all of this, and irrespective of how you see these other allegations against him, this is neither the time nor place for goddamn 'sausage' jokes that would be cringed at by a ****ing nine year old.

If that is the extent of your contribution to this thread, **** off out of it and let the grown-ups talk. If you are actually capable of acting your ****ing age, do it. I know I'm being patronising, but if all you're going to do is make disgusting, tasteless jokes and then try to claim the moral high ground​, I really don't give a **** if I offend you.
Dan, i don't disagree with you except for the last bit. How am I claiming the moral high ground :blink:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
this is quite unacceptable from a moderator. i will be having a word with james about this, dan.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Moral high ground re sledger's ****posting -- "You should expect more **** posting until you cut down on your own". Take that feud elsewhere, both of you.

Spark

Global Moderator
Not sure I agree with the BBL or the cricket grounds removing fans from having signs that say #standbygayle. That's going too far
Kind of in a bind here though. Ignore it and they get blasted for turning a blind eye (and probably rightly so). Actually take action—and if they refuse to take down the signs, then they don't really have much choice but to eject—and they keep fuelling the saga beyond its use-by date.

smash84

The Tiger King
Moral high ground re sledger's ****posting -- "You should expect more **** posting until you cut down on your own". Take that feud elsewhere, both of you.
That's no moral high ground. That's just fighting **** with ****.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Kind of in a bind here though. Ignore it and they get blasted for turning a blind eye (and probably rightly so). Actually take action—and if they refuse to take down the signs, then they don't really have much choice but to eject—and they keep fuelling the saga beyond its use-by date.
Not really. AFL didn't kick people out who had #standbyhird signs despite the fact they were going after him. Its free speech. The signs aren't rude offensive to women or Mel.

Gayle's a dick but people have the right to have a sign that says they like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.