• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Chris Gayle some sort of perverted misogynist or can everyone just settle down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol what? the whole thread discussion is around the appropriateness of the reaction, ranging from outrage from one extreme to relative indifference (although all seem to have condemned Gayle in some sense) from the other.

Never mind about all 40 pages, just re-read the first couple and you'll discover this. :cool:

Anyway bedtime for me.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surely there's a reality TV show to be gotten out of this - tune in next month for The Big Bashelor.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
can we now shift the discussion to the fact that he whipped his **** out in front of an unsuspecting woman

smash84

The Tiger King
the lady wanted a sandwich, Gayle served his salami, he had no clue that his sausage could prove very expensive

John Erichsen

Cricket Spectator
Gayle made a pretty lame media statement the next day after landing in Melbourne. He claimed it was a joke and was sorry if the female journalist was upset by it. He was sanctioned and fined $10 000 by the Renegade's BBL franchise, which was given to the McGrath Foundation. However, there may be further action taken by Cricket Australia. Rumours are that Gayle may not be allowed to play in future BBL competitions.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I am sorry man. I didn't know it would hurt your feelings. I'll be more careful in the future.
I doubt it, you've been making **** posts for years, I don't see why that would change now. This was just mind-bendingly bad, even by your dismal standards.

Camo999

State 12th Man
Rumours are that Gayle may not be allowed to play in future BBL competitions.
Geez I thought this had been dealt with. He was in the wrong and was fined. The issue was discussed. Hopefully female presenters will be given due respect in future. Mel said herself she wanted to move on now. If this was an Australian player there is no way they'd be banned for life from the comp.

The reports about him possibly exposing himself to a woman don't sound great but given she was wandering around in his changing room while he was actually getting dressed, is it really that serious even if it did happen?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.