• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Chris Gayle some sort of perverted misogynist or can everyone just settle down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Wonder what would have happened if the reporter hit on Chris Gayle. Probably nothing.

I read an article by a female journalist during the CWC about the most handsome cricketers at the tournament. Nothing came of that.

This whole thing is stupid. Australia, like other countries founded or populated during the Victorian Era (NZ, USA), is one of the most prudish societies on the planet. This is what this is really about.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Wonder what would have happened if the reporter hit on Chris Gayle. Probably nothing.

I read an article by a female journalist during the CWC about the most handsome cricketers at the tournament. Nothing came of that.

This whole thing is stupid. Australia, like other countries founded or populated during the Victorian Era (NZ, USA), is one of the most prudish societies on the planet. This is what this is really about.
You're an idiot.

I welcome the infractions.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Guaranteed replies

Thank you for reviving this corpse of a thread.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Like for comedy value

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
It's a point worthy of some thought though.

There are very few cultures on Earth who would give even half a damn about a sportsman saying something vaguely suggestive to a reporter on TV. Australia is one of them.

When I was visiting the parents of a girlfriend in Finland once everyone was happy to get into a sauna with me completely naked. This is how normal people think and behave.

Australia is a massively ***ually repressed society. This is why there is culture of one punch kills and related bull****. This is also why this extremely minor incident has been blown into the proportions it has.

Athlai

Not Terrible

There are very few cultures on Earth who would give even half a damn about a sportsman saying something vaguely suggestive to a reporter on TV. Australia is one of them.

When I was visiting the parents of a girlfriend in Finland once everyone was happy to get into a sauna with me completely naked. This is how normal people think and behave.

Australia is a massively ***ually repressed society. This is why there is culture of one punch kills and related bull****. This is also why this extremely minor incident has been blown into the proportions it has.
No.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach

This is not about how men behave to women in a regular social environment. Gayle does this in a bar or simply waits until the cameras are off? No problem. Instead he chose to do it in a stressful, high pressure work environment. If you worked in an office and your female colleague called you over for a work-related discussion, do you think Gayle's comments would be appropriate?

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
If you worked in an office and your female colleague called you over for a work-related discussion, do you think Gayle's comments would be appropriate?
Dunno, I always worked in bars. Don't know what office work culture is like. If it's that humourless then I'm glad I stayed out of it.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
You clearly havent read this thread.
I read the thread. I even saw the video in question. I thought Gayle's behaviour could fairly be summarised as hitting on a reporter. PEWS disagreed. I wondered how he's characterise Gayle's behaviour, that's all. As ***ual harrassment, perhaps, or even verbal rape, who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.