• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Someone converting a start at some point would be nice.
Root really has to this innings. Has been sloppy cashing in on starts in the last few months. Have done no research but I wonder if it's a regular thing for guys who've been in great form for over a year. Start playing with less fear which can help in getting started but maybe the hunger isn't quite there to make absolutely massive scores and carelessness creeps in.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm only going off what I saw in the first test. Our lower middle order of Stokes, Bairstow, Ali got steamrollered in the first innings at Durban. Stoke and Ali didn't get any runs in the 2nd innings either.
Well when the opposition have scored more than 200 on only 3 occasions in their last 7 tests we are going to be in a handy position if we pass 300.

Bairstow scored more runs than everyone bar Taylor and Compton in the first innings last week so having a pop at him is ridiculous. He only got out batting with the number 10 when he was looking for quick runs.

Captain_Cook

U19 12th Man
Root really has to this innings.
Having seen each of Root's last 4 dismissals in the 70-80s it's pure indiscipline. Root wants to score quickly and it hurts him because inevitably he gets a wider ball chases it and nicks to slips or keeper. That's the theme generally when Root gets out - pack the slips and have a wary keeper cuz Joe will give you a chance.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I just brought up Ori and the Blind Forest and these two put on a 50 partnership in the time it took me to escape from a tree.

Stapel

International Regular
having seen each of root's last 4 dismissals in the 70-80s it's pure indiscipline. Root wants to score quickly and it hurts him because inevitably he gets a wider ball chases it and nicks to slips or keeper. That's the theme generally when root gets out - pack the slips and have a wary keeper cuz joe will give you a chance.

:cool:

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Having seen each of Root's last 4 dismissals in the 70-80s it's pure indiscipline. Root wants to score quickly and it hurts him because inevitably he gets a wider ball chases it and nicks to slips or keeper. That's the theme generally when Root gets out - pack the slips and have a wary keeper cuz Joe will give you a chance.
He's been doing it a fair bit over the last year.

Captain_Cook

U19 12th Man
I really hope that Joe Root doesn't end up as England's VVS Laxman who got 17 centuries and a whopping 56 50-99 scores...

The similarities between the to are already quite scary: both have stints as openers who moved to the middle order, score quickly and both have terrible conversion rates.