• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2015 Final Test Rankings - Steve Smith #1, Williamson #2, Voges #11

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
..wait hb you think Ashwin is the best bowler in the world? Jadeja at #6 is really dumb and there's no shame in admitting the rankings aren't reflective of reality.

Of course I don't. Neither do I buy this BS that Australia are the only team who are playing without any home advantage and that they have batsmen and bowlers who can win a game on any "good" circket pitch. Any pitch where they struggle will obviously be written off as a "bad" wicket.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
sorry but that's just completely and utterly false. Go back through the thread, been explained ad nauseam. Go back like 1 year ago and we prepared slow, dead, even turning tracks when India toured. If the curators wanted or were able to help the Aus team they would have made fast, bouncy wickets and Aus would have won 4-0 at a canter.

lol this was a good point though

until you ruined it with this dumb ****:

Not really... Its facts Not surprising you find them "dumb"...

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Of course I don't. Neither do I buy this BS that Australia are the only team who are playing without any home advantage and that they have batsmen and bowlers who can win a game on any "good" circket pitch. Any pitch where they struggle will obviously be written off as a "bad" wicket.
Is anybody even saying that?

TheJediBrah

No one said that. But they are not deliberately exploiting it or accentuating it to help them at all. But they should be.

TheJediBrah

Not really... Its facts Not surprising you find them "dumb"...
I honestly don't know to simplify it any further. Do you honestly think that the pitches India played on in Australia last year were prepared to help Australia? Did the curators not want to put to much grass or pace in the wicket because they were scared of India's fast bowlers? smh

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I honestly don't know to simplify it any further. Do you honestly think that the pitches India played on in Australia last year were prepared to help Australia? Did the curators not want to put to much grass or pace in the wicket because they were scared of India's fast bowlers? smh

Given that is how India won any of their games in recent years overseas, yes. Face it, Indian bowlers have next to no hope of getting Aussie batsmen out with the kookaburra balls in those conditions if the pitches were hard and true. Sure, our batsmen might play well for 1 or 2 tests, but in the end, the runs pressure will get to them and Australia have bowlers with the pace that can actually make batsmen pay when they lose concentration on such tracks.

Daemon

Given that is how India won any of their games in recent years overseas, yes. Face it, Indian bowlers have next to no hope of getting Aussie batsmen out with the kookaburra balls in those conditions if the pitches were hard and true. Sure, our batsmen might play well for 1 or 2 tests, but in the end, the runs pressure will get to them and Australia have bowlers with the pace that can actually make batsmen pay when they lose concentration on such tracks.
The point is that the Australian team has no say in what is prepared. They have been vocal on their displeasure about the flat decks. Very vocal.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good lord reading through this thread. It's the new year. Let's make 2016 the year of the nuanced. And Imogen Poots. Okay, less nuance, more Imogen Poots.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The point is that the Australian team has no say in what is prepared. They have been vocal on their displeasure about the flat decks. Very vocal.
It is possible to do that and still ask for certain type of decks, tbh.

In any case, I dont think the Aussie team are doing that. I specifically said "posters" in my post. I dont see what the Aussie team have been saying has anything to do with my point.

Daemon

In any case, I dont think the Aussie team are doing that. I specifically said "posters" in my post. I dont see what the Aussie team have been saying has anything to do with my point.
um because you brought them into the discussion yourself?

Maybe, but I guess the powers that be in the Australian Team may not share that opinion. They are ok to trade in a few draws every home series as long as they can ensure only they can win the series. Used to happen in India plenty in the 90s and heck, even in 2000s. Prepare absolute flat tracks and hope they break up over days 4 and 5 and hope again that our spinners are good enough to eke out the win in those 6 sessions.

TheJediBrah

If the Australians are preparing decks to help them. Then why the **** aren't Australia preparing fast hard decks that would actually help them?

your point is asinine

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Coz "I guess" shows I have proof. Dude, it was clear that was speculation on my part. And that post was topical to the post I was responding to. Stop quoting it out of context.

TheJediBrah

that's what I thought he was saying at first as well, but when he's saying "I don't think the Aussie team are doing that" he means that he doesn't think they are complaining. And that he thinks they are still preparing pitches to suit them and help them win games of cricket.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If the Australians are preparing decks to help them. Then why the **** aren't Australia preparing fast hard decks that would actually help them?

your point is asinine

Here is a fact that you seem to always disagree with, at least in this thread.

Sometimes people want to play in conditions that will help the opposition the least, more than the conditions that will help them the most. Your refusal to accept such a basic fact in every post of yours is what is asinine.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
that's what I thought he was saying at first as well, but when he's saying "I don't think the Aussie team are doing that" he means that he doesn't think they are complaining. And that he thinks they are still preparing pitches to suit them and help them win games of cricket.

I said "I guess" as in assuming they were asking for such pitches, this might be the reason why. Of course, I should have said "they might be" instead of "they are" in the next line, as I was only speculating but God, who knew it would be quoted so out of context?

TheJediBrah

Here is a fact that you seem to always disagree with, at least in this thread.

Sometimes people want to play in conditions that will help the opposition the least, more than the conditions that will help them the most. Your refusal to accept such a basic fact in every post of yours is what is asinine.
No. Still Australian pitches have not even come close to "playing in conditions that will help the opposition the least". If they had then they would have prepared harder, bouncier decks with a lot less turn than the pitches they gave India last year. While preparing dead, slow pitches didn't do anything to help India's quicks, the only effect it really had was taking likely wins away from the home team and turning them into draws.

How it that helping them? Not ****ing hard to understand mate.

TheJediBrah

I said "I guess" as in assuming they were asking for such pitches, this might be the reason why. Of course, I should have said "they might be" instead of "they are" in the next line, as I was only speculating but God, who knew it would be quoted so out of context?
so you're not saying that the pitches are being asked for by the Australian management/team?

Because that is literally what this whole argument has been about

Shri

Mr. Glass
You need to stop posting, and stop embarrassing yourself. I'm saying this to be nice to you.

"Rotations" and "revolutions" mean effectively the same thing in the English language, and exactly the same in this context. I'm not one to have a go at someone for trying to speak a language they aren't familiar with but when you start with asinine responses like yours there's really nowhere else to go.

Your really need to stop.

No one uses the word 'rotations' with regards to spin bowling when they talk cricket. But the attempt to sound smart by using different words for the sake of it is adorable though. You aren't the first one to say something similar to me, trust me. But seeing as you are not a mod, you know where the ****ing door is.

Last edited: