• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Yeah Watson or Symonds not quite good enough
This hitter will also bowl close to 10 overs. Symonds is not good enough with the ball to fill this role in an ATG side. The other three are. Watson is a good shout. Would even consider dropping Bevan to move Hussey up and bring Watson in at 6.

That way I would have one of my favourite things in an ODI side, an ever-increasing gradient of hitteriness before you get to the tail.

3. Williamson
4. Ponting
5. Hussey
6. Watson
7. Cairns/Anderson

Would just about be perfect. All strike at 85-90 except Anderson who is even faster.

Flem274*

123/5
watson is....urgh....an odi ATG

Mr X all the way in tests however. genuine strike bowler and post 1996 a genuine #6 40 averaging batsman too.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Oceania Test XI

1. Hayden
2. Williamson
3. Bradman
4. Ponting
5. Steve Waugh (c)
6. Chris Cairns
7. Gilchrist (wk)
8. Warne
9. Hadlee
10. Bond if uninjured, Lillee otherwise
11. McGrath

Flem274*

123/5
im trying to come up with a stranger nz/aus combined XI than kiwiviktor that still has good players in it

then again my aus XI takes the piss a bit because i fit in all my favourite players and use "has bradman, has numerous other ATGs, will get away with it" as my excuse

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This hitter will also bowl close to 10 overs. Symonds is not good enough with the ball to fill this role in an ATG side. The other three are. Watson is a good shout. Would even consider dropping Bevan to move Hussey up and bring Watson in at 6.

That way I would have one of my favourite things in an ODI side, an ever-increasing gradient of hitteriness before you get to the tail.

3. Williamson
4. Ponting
5. Hussey
6. Watson
7. Cairns/Anderson

Would just about be perfect. All strike at 85-90 except Anderson who is even faster.
Lost me at picking Anderson ahead of Watson

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Any update on McCullum's injury?

If both KW and he are resting for the next game, it'll be interesting to see if Ross gets to captain again. Really hoping for a decent showing from SL - they aren't that bad, and in the spirit of doom and gloom I get worried whenever NZ wins too easily.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Oceania Test XI

1. Hayden
2. Williamson
3. Bradman
4. Ponting
5. Steve Waugh (c)
6. Chris Cairns
7. Gilchrist (wk)
8. Warne
9. Hadlee
10. Bond if uninjured, Lillee otherwise
11. McGrath
Just when it seemed your posts couldn't get any more moronic, you pick someone who's never opened in an ATG side as an opener.

Gob

International Coach
Just when it seemed your posts couldn't get any more moronic, you pick someone who's never opened in an ATG side as an opener.
There are far worse selections in that team than KW opening but it comes to a point where there is no point in trying to argue. He just picks the players that he likes regardless of how idiotic those selections are for the others.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Henry, after 2 games and 8 wickets is back playing for the Stags today. Pre-arranged. Southee comes back in.

Although I'm probably posting this in the wrong thread.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Henry, after 2 games and 8 wickets is back playing for the Stags today. Pre-arranged. Southee comes back in.

Although I'm probably posting this in the wrong thread.
Try the Sturat Broad thread for posting on Sri Lanka vs New Zealand. This thread has something or other to do with Michael Bevan.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Cricket: McCullum to miss third ODI - Cricket - NZ Herald News

New Zealand skipper Brendon McCullum is an unlikely starter for the third ODI against Sri Lanka at Saxton Oval tomorrow.
McCullum damaged a disc in his back diving for a ball on the boundary in Monday's match at Christchurch's Hagley Oval. He didn't bat later that day and did not train today.
A joint has flared more than expected, and the travel, and sitting on aeroplanes hasn't helped.

Hesson is confident fast bowler Adam Milne, who sat out the second game with a heel niggle, will be ready to play tomorrow, Hesson added.
Kane Williamson, who has missed the first two games in the series with a sore knee, is expected to play and will lead the side tomorrow if McCullum doesn't make a rapid recovery.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Cricket: McCullum to miss third ODI - Cricket - NZ Herald News

New Zealand skipper Brendon McCullum is an unlikely starter for the third ODI against Sri Lanka at Saxton Oval tomorrow.
McCullum damaged a disc in his back diving for a ball on the boundary in Monday's match at Christchurch's Hagley Oval. He didn't bat later that day and did not train today.
A joint has flared more than expected, and the travel, and sitting on aeroplanes hasn't helped.

Hesson is confident fast bowler Adam Milne, who sat out the second game with a heel niggle, will be ready to play tomorrow, Hesson added.
Kane Williamson, who has missed the first two games in the series with a sore knee, is expected to play and will lead the side tomorrow if McCullum doesn't make a rapid recovery.
Hopefully he makes the fourth ODI. Will be at the one on the 2nd in Nelson and am hoping to see McCullum, Williamson, Milne, Southee and Boult back in the side.