• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammed Amir cleared to return with immediate effect

cnerd123

likes this
Can mods do anything to me here if I were to state my intentions of trolling another completely different forum?
Imagine if there was a forum where the mods of every other forum met together to discuss being mod-stuff.

Bet PEWS would still be an admin of that forum too.

cnerd123

likes this
They welcomed him back in the side once they saw how sorry he was and realised he wasn't as big a **** as they thought he was?

But muh principlez!

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
They welcomed him back in the side once they saw how sorry he was and realised he wasn't as big a **** as they thought he was?

But muh principlez!
Which is exactly what I requested he do.

Hafeez and Azhar were totally justified, now they've had their fears quelled. He's humbled himself and done the right thing.

Flem274*

123/5
if i do some corporate espionage at my job and say sorry while crying do i get to keep my job?

this is going to be my last post on the issue because i really cbf getting abused for thinking he should have a life ban like other players with sympathetic circumstances do.

cnerd123

likes this
I honestly prefer people arguing he deserves a life ban vs people arguing that he needs to appear to be sorry before he gets to play again.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I honestly prefer people arguing he deserves a life ban vs people arguing that he needs to appear to be sorry before he gets to play again.
You don't just expect the respect of your peers after something like that.

These are people that you're not only going to be playing with, but touring with and effectively living with for periods of your life. It's really his responsibility to do all in his powers to make them feel comfortable with him. I'm happy to see he's taken the effort.

If you want to say it's crocodile tears be my guest. At least he's made the effort.

TNT

Banned
I don't think he needs to be banned for life, I just wouldent expect the PCB to select someone who has ****ed them over. They didn't learn anything from Asif did they.

cnerd123

likes this
You don't just expect the respect of your peers after something like that.

These are people that you're not only going to be playing with, but touring with and effectively living with for periods of your life. It's really his responsibility to do all in his powers to make them feel comfortable with him. I'm happy to see he's taken the effort.

If you want to say it's crocodile tears be my guest. At least he's made the effort.
It could be crocodile tears. It could be genuine. But that doesn't matter.

Putting up with people you dont like is a part of sport. The English dressing room is widely criticsed for not knowing how to deal with KP, but its Amir's fault people can't deal with him. Clarke played alongside a load of players who thought he was a **** but no one walked out on the side because they didn't respect or trust him. Even Harbhajan, Ponting and Symonds found a way toget along, and do you think there were any tearful apologies in that group?

I dont support this line of reasoning at all. Its not wrong, but it doesnt justify a walk out.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol. Once again, it's unprofessional of them to walk out, but if they don't feel comfortable with playing alongside him then it's not wrong of them to leave either. I know you're going to reply to this with all your examples and follow it up with 'where do you draw the line?', but that's a gray area and that's why we have humans in charge to make appropriate decisions.

Only Sith deal in absolutes. :ph34r:

cnerd123

likes this
Lol. Once again, it's unprofessional of them to walk out, but if they don't feel comfortable with playing alongside him then it's not wrong of them to leave either. I know you're going to reply to this with all your examples and follow it up with 'where do you draw the line?', but that's a gray area and that's why we have humans in charge to make appropriate decisions.

Only Sith deal in absolutes. :ph34r:
Oh no I agree with you FTR. Understandable but unprofessional. I get it, I won't praise it. People praising it are the ones who bother me.