• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammed Amir cleared to return with immediate effect

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You don't think issuing an ultimatum to your employer forcing him to pick between you or another employee is unprofessional?

Jesus Christ.
As opposed to a company rehiring someone who has made efforts to undermine stated company? Efforts which are now public knowledge.

Nah, it would however be unprofessional to meekly accept Amir, no matter how much he grovelled and played the innocent patsy.

Last edited:

Cruxdude

International Debutant
The haste with which they are rushing Amir back in to the team is unbecoming of the PCB. They should have first worked out stuff with the current players who will need to play with a convicted match fixer and then tried to ease him back in.

fredfertang

The haste with which they are rushing Amir back in to the team is unbecoming of the PCB. They should have first worked out stuff with the current players who will need to play with a convicted match fixer and then tried to ease him back in.
This is a fair point, but they can't let the tail wag the dog - if Hafeez thinks they will he's failed to learn the lessons the histories of all sports scream out at him

Stefan9

International Debutant
Here you go:
Were these guys ever convicted in a criminal court? Big difference between being named in a judge's report and being convicted for me.

This is rather interesting the different ways Amir is being treated compared to how gibbs was treated back in the day. I guess the fact that he failed to go through with his spot fixing in Cronje affair probably meant the SA team was more willing to forgive him and welcome him back after his ban .

Flem274*

123/5
RTB clearly never had an intense board game session with the family as a kid.

Just a game? Nah bro, Dad and your five year old sibling are going down bitch.

cnerd123

likes this
As opposed to a company rehiring someone who has made efforts to undermine stated company? Efforts which are now public knowledge.

Nah, it would however be unprofessional to meekly accept Amir, no matter how much he grovelled and played the innocent patsy.
- That 'someone' was punished, did his time, and has been deemed fit to return. There is no evidence to suggest he will ever fix again.

- I would agree with you if these two had actually taken such a principled stance. But they have been coached by players who have been indicted with fixing, they played alongside Shoaib Malik who was found guilty of trying to rig results in domestic cricket (albeit not for money), -and Hafeez agreed to play in a league (BPL) that featured Amir. They have also played alongside players who have been aware of fixing over their careers but haven't taken part. Why only pick now to make a fuss?

On top of all this, they both seemed to have caved in and agreed to play alongside Amir now. So much for strong principles huh? Seems the real issue here is they didn't like Amir, decided they didnt want to play alongside a **** who was showing no remorse, and decided to cause some drama over it. They were then taken aside like the two misbehaving kids they are, had the PCB make them feel special by begging them to behave and play nice, and having had their egos satisfactorily stroked decided they could adjust to having an ex fixer in the team after all.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On top of all this, they both seemed to have caved in and agreed to play alongside Amir now. So much for strong principles huh? Seems the real issue here is they didn't like Amir, decided they didnt want to play alongside a **** who was showing no remorse, and decided to cause some drama over it. They were then taken aside like the two misbehaving kids they are, had the PCB make them feel special by begging them to behave and play nice, and having had their egos satisfactorily stroked decided they could adjust to having an ex fixer in the team after all.
This is all complete bull****. Surely you're just joking at this point. To pretend those two only did this because they have an ego and they "wanted to cause a fuss" is silly. Disagree with their stance and call them unprofessional if you want, no need to devolve into nonsense.

Gnske

All this thread confirms is that Amir has had an account here since Dec 2009.

cnerd123

likes this
This is all complete bull****. Surely you're just joking at this point. To pretend those two only did this because they have an ego and they "wanted to cause a fuss" is silly. Disagree with their stance and call them unprofessional if you want, no need to devolve into nonsense.
Hey man, if others can deal in hyperbolic BS about Amir and his motivations, then I can do the same for Hafeez and Azhar

I'm basically signalling that I've said all I have to say and I'm done with this discussion. People are out for a witch hunt and just supporting whoever has their side (as indiaholic confessed). I can't ever praise or support Hafeez and Azhar for walking out on the team.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
no I wanted to make it clear that Pakistan team constantly does dumb **** things and its funny

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's not surprising that all the drama is starting again towards the end of Misbah's reign

Shri

Mr. Glass
Can mods do anything to me here if I were to state my intentions of trolling another completely different forum?