• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
We're all really waiting with bated breath on Hurricane's verdict on Nicholl's collar positioning.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
What impressed me about Nicholls was his shot selection. It was only a short innings but he played the right shot to every ball.

And who was the MoM? I thought it should be Henry but maybe Guptill pinched it.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Hope Nicholls is never selected for tests. Defence is not tight enough. That said he can rotate the strike quite well in an ODI setting. I was hoping he would get the chance for a cameo and looked OK in this setting. I just hope it doesn't push him to the front of the queue to replace Baz in 5 day cricket.
Yeah because techniques are set in stone from the first ball they face in First Class or List A cricket...

NZTailender

Fox Sports showing footage of NZ's ICC knock out trophy ODI win in 2000.

Footage of Cairns hitting the winning runs followed by an interview with a young Baz talking about how much of a role model Cairns was to him.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwks
When was the interview conducted, do you know?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I don't think Mendis' decline can just be put down to batsmen figuring him out. He certainly seems to have much less control these days - dropping short twice an over at least.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think Mendis' decline can just be put down to batsmen figuring him out. He certainly seems to have much less control these days - dropping short twice an over at least.
Yeah our reasons probably only apply for his decline in tests. In fact in ODIs I still think he can be very useful. Just had a very bad day I think.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah that's a good chance, although Anderson would be disappointed in the ham-handedness that continues to plague his game and deny him the hundreds that Ronchi racks up for fun.

Ashwin in particular should really make Anderson look like he's fresh off a turnip truck next year.

NZTailender

Nope sorry but Baz looked incredibly young
No worries. Seems odd because that was in 2000 and McCullum didn't debut till 2002 so it wouldn't be an on tour interview. Might've been a few years later, or maybe they just knew McCullum was earmarked for future honours and did one of those up and coming interviews.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No worries. Seems odd because that was in 2000 and McCullum didn't debut till 2002 so it wouldn't be an on tour interview. Might've been a few years later, or maybe they just knew McCullum was earmarked for future honours and did one of those up and coming interviews.
Oh yes it was definitely an interview years after the 2000 tournament. Vettori was interviewed too and was much older than he would have been then. I'd say its 8-10 years ago, but its guesswork.