• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

vandem

International 12th Man
Siriwardena the find of the series? There wasn't much hype about him compared to other guys SL have brought through the ranks but barring being a bit keen on the pull even outside of team suicide batting sessions, he's looked pretty good.
... and Chameera.

Wonder why Siriwardana hasn't played more ODIs? 30 years old, List A batting average only 25 but FC batting average 36 and bowls useful SLA. Perhaps not quite enough runs to displace Chandimal / Thirimanne, and bowling not quite good enough to be 4th bowler, and SL not needing a 5th bowling option all-rounder as Mathews / Dilshan have this covered?

Any comment from SL posters on Siriwardana?

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Catch looks so much more impressive on the replays. I mean it was a gun take live but then seeing that he got it in the tips of the glove, then consolidated with his other hand before hitting the ground.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Catch looks so much more impressive on the replays. I mean it was a gun take live but then seeing that he got it in the tips of the glove, then consolidated with his other hand before hitting the ground.
Yes it was a gun catch. Seen so many like it when the ball pops out upon the fielder hitting the ground. But Ronchi brings his other hand up to cover it first.

Howsie

International Captain
It's pretty nice destroying a side when your two best ODI bowlers are being rested.
Yeah. No Southee or Boult and even with Williamson, Anderson and Neesham out a young guy like Latham who was coming off three 50's in a row in South Africa can't even make the squad. Excellent depth at the moment.