• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, if Williamson bats through and scores a ton it's gotta be him. Otherwise Chameera. Southee's been good too, but Chameera has just been exceptional.

Jezroy

State Captain
Hmmm... 5 wickets left, and 2 of those are "happy, go lucky" Boult and Southee.

Gee I hope Kane don't get out. Watling to block it, and Williamson to finish on 113*, thereby lifting his average to 50.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Haven't been following this thread but this has been an interesting and infuriating match to watch. Chameera's bowling has been one of the best efforts I've seen by a touring bowler in a while, especially by a Sri Lankan seamer. It may seem like easy wickets just banging it in short but he's had subtle line and length variations in the plans that have been the difference between just ducking a ball and playing at it.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Woke up to check the scorecard and not hugely surprised that once the Kiwis got Mathews, apart from Siriwardana,the others folded..don't worry NZ you got this in the bag..
Again from the bits I saw,our batters seemed to have gone back into their shell after the openers went.. .haven't they learned that you simply can't let the kiwi bowlers have it their own way and that, as in the first innings,attack can be the best defence?

Chameera is showing his potential and I just hope the lad stays injury free.We need to get pradeeps no ball problem sorted then once Prasad and Eranga come back from injury(if ever in last case) we have a reasonable pace attack.well don't to NZ on a fantastic come back and I am sure a win that will be yours...

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Chameera's probably the best match performance by a seamer who averaged 44 at the start of the game
Tim Southee, India, 2012. would go close I reckon. But he would've been averaging 46 or so.

Really don't enjoy Brendon doing really dumb stuff like charging a guy who is clearly the only bloke who can win the Test for them. If we end up losing, he can chalk that up with another dead-**** shot that didn't lose a Test, but sure didn't help like Lord's.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Chameera is showing his potential and I just hope the lad stays injury free.We need to get pradeeps no ball problem sorted then once Prasad and Eranga come back from injury(if ever in last case) we have a reasonable pace attack.well don't to NZ on a fantastic come back and I am sure a win that will be yours...
Get Williamson tomorrow with more than 30 needed and it's brown pants time. You still won't win though because:

This game will end with Trent Boult bopping a six over Angelo Mathews' head.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Missed the last few wickets of SL's brainless short ball slogathon and then our innings as was at a Christmas thing.

Srisly, you see how SL batted and then Latham, Taylor and McCullum get out like that?!