• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Sri Lanka 2/1 on Betfair seems big, NZ probably the stronger side, but this is a really good position for SL. Its not as if Lanka are West Indies bad. It reminds me a little of the second test they won in England where the betting market were way to much with England even when it became obvious that England were in deep ****.
WIndies bad?! WTF?! SL are still a very good team. Sure they've lost Sangkarra and Jayawardene but they have a world class player and captain in Mathews. They've also got a top notch spinner in Herath. Sure SL have some new players but they have been applying themselves and the bowlers in particular show a lot of promise.

Niall

International Coach
WIndies bad?! WTF?! SL are still a very good team. Sure they've lost Sangkarra and Jayawardene but they have a world class player and captain in Mathews. They've also got a top notch spinner in Herath. Sure SL have some new players but they have been applying themselves and the bowlers in particular show a lot of promise.
Never said they were West Indies bad. :)

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
This is the third series in a row (NZ in England, NZ in Aussie, SL in NZ) that I've watched in which we were robbed of an intriguing series by only playing 2 or 3 matches. In all of these series, the visiting team has turned up underdone and got thumped early as they adjusted to the conditions. In all of these series, the final Test was the most even and interesting. All of these series were sawn off short just when they started to get interesting.

If the Big 3 are going to just chuck the others scraps from their tables, the others need to get together and play 5 Test series against each other. I'd love a 5 Test series against SA.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
How much of a deficit will NZ feel like they can work with? I'm thinking any more than 50 will be too much especially since the pitch is getting better to bat on. So NZ still need another 109 runs with 5 wickets in hand. Much will rest on Watling and Santner if we are to get close to SL's target.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
How much of a deficit will NZ feel like they can work with? I'm thinking any more than 50 will be too much especially since the pitch is getting better to bat on. So NZ still need another 109 runs with 5 wickets in hand. Much will rest on Watling and Santner if we are to get close to SL's target.
My target is 250. Anything less than that will cause us too much grief.

We may have to play positively to get there. There is these two and Doug in the sheds and then no one.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is the third series in a row (NZ in England, NZ in Aussie, SL in NZ) that I've watched in which we were robbed of an intriguing series by only playing 2 or 3 matches. In all of these series, the visiting team has turned up underdone and got thumped early as they adjusted to the conditions. In all of these series, the final Test was the most even and interesting. All of these series were sawn off short just when they started to get interesting.

If the Big 3 are going to just chuck the others scraps from their tables, the others need to get together and play 5 Test series against each other. I'd love a 5 Test series against SA.
Pretty sure it was the NZ board who wanted to turn an Australian test in NZ into a limited overs game...

jcas0167

International Debutant
The reason is simply money. They get better gate takings from ODIs than Tests. That's the sad truth about cricket.
Plus a more congested calender doesn't help. In 2010 they removed the 3rd test as it was clashing with start of IPL. This time the final test is over in February as the T20 WC is in March.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The reason is simply money. They get better gate takings from ODIs than Tests. That's the sad truth about cricket.
Sure, but then don't wahhh about lack of tests. I have no sympathy for NZ's board when they request a marquee test to become an ODI or T20. You lose the higher ground, don't blame the big 3 for not getting long test series then.

Last edited: