• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Southee showing that ***** Santner the meaning of he word 'intent'. He intends to not bat for 90 balls.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I feel as though Bracewell finally understands how to produce a Test match knock. In his first 20 Tests he just lacked the discipline and number 8 looked about 2 spots two high. Serviceable there now.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Seriously, what is wrong with the Black Caps? When you're under the pump like this how can you just throw your wicket away like Watling, Southee and Wagner did?! Southee in particular is a walking wicket. Might as well just name him Chris Martin and be done with it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
you can't be happy with Wagner hooking sixes and fours and then get upset when he gets caught smashing a ball to cover or mid off or whatever. He's a lower order bat / tailender, can't really blame him,

Watling just tried to hit a **** ball for 4 and didn't connect properly. That happens.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Was hopeful we could get the deficit down to 30 or so before Wagner's wicket. Still, he and Bracewell did a decent job together. Need some successful slogging in the morning now.

Sri Lanka's day though. It was NZ's, then we handed them a sniff and then they bowled well after that to take advantage.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Best case scenario, how many runs can our bowlers knock the SL's over for?... Considering the form our bowlers are in and how well the SL's batted on day one, I think we may be looking at defeat...

Athlai

Not Terrible
Best case scenario, how many runs can our bowlers knock the SL's over for?... Considering the form our bowlers are in and how well the SL's batted on day one, I think we may be looking at defeat...
Uh besides Boult no one is in bad form. Don't let Bracewells figures fall you, he's bowling well.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Best case scenario? Probably about 200.

Yeah, NZ have ****ed this up bad and it's hard to see them getting out of it. Even if we can scrap to 250 tomorrow, Srl have all the momentum on a pitch that still looks to be playing pretty well.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Uh besides Boult no one is in bad form. Don't let Bracewells figures fall you, he's bowling well.
No one is in great form either.

Being conservative, if SL score 300 and have a 40-50 run lead meaning we'll be chasing around 350.

It may get easier to bat, but there is still the pressure of chasing in the 4th innings to consider so anything over 300 will be difficult.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
On the plus side this pitch isn't going to break up, so if NZ can keep our eventual target below 300, and the batsmen don't repeat their stupid mistakes from the first innings then we'll have a chance.

Jezroy

State Captain
Pretty worried even if we are only chasing 250-270 in the final innings that we'll bottle it against Herath.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
could easily see SL being cleaned up for 160-180 in their innings, so NZ could be chasing 220-240 or even less. I think they deserve to still be favs, but bookies probably have them a bit shorter than they should be. I'd have NZ 1.90 rather than 1.68.

Not sure why NZ fans are so pessimistic just yet. SL have shown an incredible ability to collapse