• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Taylor has scored 601 runs this year of which almost half the runs have come from the one innings.

filtered 8 15 1 601 290 42.92 825 72.84 1 1 3 86 1

If you take the 290 out, Taylor has only scored 311 runs from 14 innings with 1no. That's an average of only 23.92. Simply not good enough for a top order batsman.
So if you don't count the big scores, your average goes down. Good to know.

I propose we should discount all of Sehwag's 200+ scores. Would bring his average down to appropriately hackish levels.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
+1. Thought he looked promising visiting here last year, good to see some progression.
He's got his pace up which is great but what is really impressive about him is his ability to bowl to plans. This is what makes the difference. His line and length have been excellent which have helped Mathews set traps for the NZ batsmen.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
So if you don't count the big scores, your average goes down. Good to know.

I propose we should discount all of Sehwag's 200+ scores. Would bring his average down to appropriately hackish levels.
Stop being silly. The point I am making is he has played poorly aside from the one innings.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I had hoped fixing that eye problem with Taylor might lead to a little more consistency. That story was almost too perfect though.

Really needs some runs next innings.

Athlai

Not Terrible
No it's not. That's an even sillier thing to say.
Ignoring one of the best knocks by a touring batsman in Australia because you think besides that the batsman is playing poorly is just insanity.

Taylor is still scratchy, he is not at his best but the guy clearly still has it.