• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Chandimal - what a hero! As I said earlier, he's at least as good as someone like Kohli - and this is coming from an Indian supporter.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds like a disappointing first session since I stopped watching. Need to get Chandimal after lunch quick if we're to keep this to a reasonable total. Pleased for Southee though. Not very often a guy bowls a spell that nets 2/24 and you can still say his figures don't reflect how well he bowled.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
This Wagner short/leg theory is proving expensive. Is this all Wag's is now (or ever was) lol ???
Why would you bowl short on this pitch?
I hated it when they first did it when he was brought into the team a couple of years ago, but when they double down on it it's pretty good when we need to buy a wicket.

Agree that it's a bit weird on this pitch but we have 3 pitch it up bowlers who haven't taken the wicket yet so happy for him to use his niche method.

Kippax will point to him actually swinging it in domestic cricket but his swing always looked a little floaty to me.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Shaping up to be Sri Lanka's session again after a better start. NZ just leaking too many runs. From what I've seen 250 looks a par score. SRL on target to go way past that.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Lost the plot... our bowlers struggling to pick up wickets on a green seamer now.......

Our attack is useless with the form Boult and Southee are in.

Shaping up like 0-2 again against the Aussies...

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Lost the plot... our bowlers struggling to pick up wickets on a green seamer now.......

Our attack is useless with the form Boult and Southee are in.

Shaping up like 0-2 again against the Aussies...
Um, Southee's been bowling really well all series.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Our bowlers have picked up 3 wickets in 50 overs so far, 1 of which includes the wicket of a player who averages 29 in domestic cricket.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
This is against a rookie SL side who couldn't even win series at home.... I fear what the Aussies will do to us if they win both tosses.

Dead Meat

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
You gotta give Sri Lanka credit here, Matthews is simply better than this attack atm. The others are fighting pretty hard as well.