• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wastemen etc

Who the better batsman

• Ajay Jadeja

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Mahmudullah

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh:PEWS cheeky bastard.

yeah got sucked in by the hype tbh thought he must have genuinley improved out of sight if both SA and England were gunning for him.His WC 11 showing may also have helped.
Not sure England were ever particularly interested were we?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He's been a bit funny with his opinion on Tahir though:

I mean he obviously has every right to change his mind but equally I don't think we should be giving him too much credit for something he went back on entirely. :p
Xuhaib you son of a...

tooextracool

International Coach
Well, in fairness to tec, he was in the team when SA got to #1. :ph34r:

Think Tahir is proof that bullying tailenders with your one decent weapon (a well disguised googly) will only get you so far.

Be interesting if anyone CBA to work it out what percentage of his FC wickets are from numbers 8-11.
Yeah, never ever thought he'd looked test class to be honest. Just cannot fathom how he took that many wickets across the world in FC cricket while not being able to use basic components of spin bowling like drift and flight. Leg spin is one of the hardest skills in cricket to master so its hard to be particularly scornful against him, but one is frequently drawn back to the slow amble to the crease of Ian Salisbury followed by the familiar deluge of tommyrot when watching Imran Tahir bowl.

slippy888

International Captain
Andre Russell

Just basically demolish a decent south African bowling attack he scored 66 off 23 balls, why he not in the West indies test match team.

Niall

International Coach
Just basically demolish a decent south African bowling attack he scored 66 off 23 balls, why he not in the West indies test match team.
He does not want to play test cricket sadly. Also so much West Indies test cricket clashes with a big domestic t20 competition where he gets paid big money for. e.g Big Bash on same time as the West Indies tour of Australia and their summer test series normally clashes with the IPL. Its the same with Gayle and Pollard unfortunately.

He also has claimed his back would not hold up for test cricket.

Last edited:

slippy888

International Captain
West Indies really need to give players like Pollard and Russle a incentive to play test cricket and up the wages.

Niall

International Coach
They don't have the money to tempt them away from t20 leagues sadly, and that with the players preference for the easier and shorter format means we probably won't ever see either playing test cricket anytime soon. Both of them are in very high demand when it comes to these leagues and make massive sums of money which dwarf any WICB contract.

Sadly I also wonder how long will they be able to stop Holder going down the same avenue, he seems like a decent and loyal guy, but he would make a fortune if he was to jack in test cricket and free up some time for franchise t20 cricket.

Last edited:

Ike

Cricket Web Staff Member
The first step in bringing back respect to the Windies cricket team is to fire the WICB. Unfortunately, only they can fire themselves, and they won't.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
They don't have the money to tempt them away from t20 leagues sadly, and that with the players preference for the easier and shorter format means we probably won't ever see either playing test cricket anytime soon. Both of them are in very high demand when it comes to these leagues and make massive sums of money which dwarf any WICB contract.

Sadly I also wonder how long will they be able to stop Holder going down the same avenue, he seems like a decent and loyal guy, but he would make a fortune if he was to jack in test cricket and free up some time for franchise t20 cricket.
Cynically I think this is one of the reasons they made him captain. Probably not the biggest reason but I'm sure it factored in given they had no good candidates at all.

Slifer

International Captain
Being from the Caribbean I understand the need to make money and provide for your family, trust me I do. But if I was even remotely talented enough to play tests, I would. Rather restore WI pride than fill my pockets any day.