• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Time to prepare a spanking green top and win the next test with an attack of Ishant, Yadav, and Bhuvi. Shut the "SA don't prepare green tops for touring sides" ****s up.

cnerd123

likes this
Time to prepare a spanking green top and win the next test with an attack of Ishant, Yadav, and Bhuvi. Shut the "SA don't prepare green tops for touring sides" ****s up.
> India prepare Green top
> Binny takes 5-fer, Ashwin reduced to holding role
> Vijay tops scores again
> 200 vs. 200 game
> India win in 3 days
> Pitch receives praise for being fantastic for cricket

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In all seriousness, its a long-running, irrational grudge relating back to when he'd make 150+ scores every time he played against Australia, then get dropped for being ****, only to be recalled for the next home series vs. Australia on the back of IPL form. And naturally he'd make 150+ again, when he looked like he couldn't give a **** making runs in FC cricket because he had a sweet IPL deal.

In short, I dislike him so he must be ****.
Tldr you're stupid

Spark

Global Moderator
> India prepare Green top
> Binny takes 5-fer, Ashwin reduced to holding role
> Vijay tops scores again
> 200 vs. 200 game
> India win in 3 days
> Pitch receives praise for being fantastic for cricket
***** this is starting to sound quite lemony

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bcci to respond to crowe with a Screenshot of their bank account balance and a picture of raving shastri shirtless

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok I am just gonna put it out there because apparently no one wants to acknowledge a big fat elephant in the room. I tried to bring it up in the Good Pitch thread and again no one wanted to address it.

This is not a debate about good pitch vs bad pitch or Trentbridge/Perth vs Nagpur or 'when their game ends in 3 days it's okay but when our game does everyone goes crazy' memes that are going around on social media.

The real conversation that everyone including Jeff Crowe, Ravi Shastri, pitch curators, BCCI stooges like Bhogle, cricket analysts, commentators, *****, cricketweb and any other stakeholder needs to have is this - if a pitch starts turning from Day 1, is it still a good cricket pitch or not? The traditional idea is that the pitch should only start turning from Day 4. And we have to be aware that if a pitch starts turning from Day 1, there is a high possibility that the match will not last 5 days which of course means loss of revenue and all that. Because that's all there was to Nagpur. The ball turned on Day 1 and we saw Day 4/5 scores from Day 1 onwards. It wasn't a dangerous pitch or anything, it just behaved on Day 1 the way it usually behaves on Day 4/5.

MS Dhoni is the only guy who talked about it so bluntly and as his fan, I have to be follow.

So let's stop mocking each other and being petty and instead focus on whether it's still a good pitch if the ball starts turning from Day 1.

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
Has been stated a million times in this thread. Absolutely zero issues if a pitch starts supporting turn from day one.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Has been stated a million times in this thread. Absolutely zero issues if a pitch starts supporting turn from day one.
Yeah but I don't think this is widely accepted across the cricketing fraternity yet. People still get surprised and confused. I wish BCCI in their response would highlight this issue.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Issue with pitches isn't seam or turn. It's uneven turn which this pitch saw from day 1. Usually pitches have that from day 4 or 5. If there was a pitch offering uneven seam movement off the surface from day 1, it would come under lot of criticism too. It's not a west v east issue ffs.