• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Rahane has improved a fair bit over the past year or so. He shows all the qualities I like in a cricketer. Apart from talent, he looks within and tries to always improve his game. We are lucky to have a player like him really.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Rahane has only played 4 test matches at home. Once again, it's the same point, India just haven't played a lot at home over the last few years. Give these guys some time and enough games and the quality players will adjust and come out on top. I don't want to take names and commit blasphemy but a lot of legendary Indian players who are demigods now had slow starts as well.

cnerd123

likes this
Jeff Crowe can suck a dick. Hope the BCCI ignores this nonsense and continues to churn out pitches just like that.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, Rahane is rightly rated as a high quality player of fast bowling of any kind but someone who struggles a fair bit against spin. I don't think anyone here really expected Rahane to score bucketloads of runs at home, having said that Rahane has so far batted on all spinner friendly pitches in his 3/4 tests so far.

indiaholic

International Captain
And Rahane has shown enough potential to juatify giving him some time. I will have him in the starting team for the next series even if he fails in the Delhi test.

indiaholic

International Captain
Nah, Rahane is rightly rated as a high quality player of fast bowling of any kind but someone who struggles a fair bit against spin. I don't think anyone here really expected Rahane to score bucketloads of runs at home, having said that Rahane has so far batted on all spinner friendly pitches in his 3/4 tests so far.
It's not about the runs tbf.. Nobody has scored too many runs. He just doesn't look comfortable there which I did not.expect.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not about the runs tbf.. Nobody has scored too many runs. He just doesn't look comfortable there which I did not.expect.
Yeah that's kind of where I disagree, I fully expected him to not do too well on Indian pitches, particularly the ones that we have had started to produce in recent times.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
In all seriousness, its a long-running, irrational grudge relating back to when he'd make 150+ scores every time he played against Australia, then get dropped for being ****, only to be recalled for the next home series vs. Australia on the back of IPL form. And naturally he'd make 150+ again, when he looked like he couldn't give a **** making runs in FC cricket because he had a sweet IPL deal.

In short, I dislike him so he must be ****.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah, he wasn't very good back in the day. I remember SJS explaining very early on why he liked Vijay because of the balance he had while batting. It's some thing which has stuck with me as I didn't rate him much before.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, he wasn't very good back in the day. I remember SJS explaining very early on why he liked Vijay because of the balance he had while batting. It's some thing which has stuck with me as I didn't rate him much before.
Can't recall his early days before the SA tour in 10/11 but I still remember he was on par with Laxman on anything on his pads. Probably the best to watch in world cricket these days when served up a leg stump half volley.