• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Dissector

International Debutant
It looks like India has the game and series in the bag. Their lead is probably enough already and they are looking good for another 100 at least. There is lots of time and rain in Nagpur is unlikely. I think SA's only hope is a once-in-a-lifetime knock by ABDV.

India hasn't had a lot to cheer in the last four years apart from 4-0 against Australia. Despite the controversy about the pitches and Steyn's injury, a series win against the no. 1 side is still something to be happy about. It's also been more than a decade since we have beaten SA in a test series.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He also had Kallis, a fit Steyn, and an in form Amla. And Smith himself.
Granted.... but I`m talking about the feeling I get from the team not the poor batting performance. Kallis, Amla where never verbose, solid stoic yes!.... but you felt with Smith there (regardless of his batting) you where in a fight just by his mere presence.... I am just talking about the feel of the team... might partly be because of uncertainty in some of the young guys etc... who know`s.

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
I still hope that Amla can score some. I was really looking forward to a Steyn special but that was not to be.. Want to watch a Amla zen innings.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Granted.... but I`m talking about the feeling I get from the team not the poor batting performance. Kallis, Amla where never verbose, solid stoic yes!.... but you felt with Smith there (regardless of his batting) you where in a fight just by his mere presence.... I am just talking about the feel of the team... might partly be because of uncertainty in some of the young guys etc... who know`s.
The South African team was full of resolve during the ODIs. It seems to be vanishing some how.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
So this is disappointing from South Africa. I was expecting a more close series. So the rain saved SA from a 0-4 drubbling like Australia?

What has been disappointing from a SA perspective is, throughout the last few years, they have had similar collapses or under par batting performances on overseas tours. The difference was, they it would happen at most once in the early part of the series, and then they would pick themselves up and bounce back. This series, they just keep collapsing game after game. I have never seen SA fold like that in an entire series.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
The South African team was full of resolve during the ODIs. It seems to be vanishing some how.
Yeah the fightback had to come from one of Du Plessis, Amla and AB. AB did his best in the first two games, the other are AWOL. It's kind of hard to expect the younger or newer guys to go and fight in conditions they have never faced in their lives.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There is no way SA chasing this here. It will be equivalent to Sun rising in the West...
"There's no way SA can get close to 450. It's a fifth day pitch"

"There's no way nz can save this match. They're 90/5 abd still need a billion runs just to make India bat again"

"There's no way SL can win this. They'll need a miracle just to avoid an innings defeat"

So forgive me for not thinking this is done and dusted. It probably is. But I won't say it.

Dissector

International Debutant
Oh no. Indian posters have started posting like they've already won the match. You guys all know what happens next.
a) There is no such thing as a jinx
b) India's current position is jinx-proof
c) If SA somehow does manage to pull off an escape, I will eat my virtual hat. :euro:
d) It's not going to happen.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
"There's no way SA can get close to 450. It's a fifth day pitch"

"There's no way nz can save this match. They're 90/5 abd still need a billion runs just to make India bat again"

"There's no way SL can win this. They'll need a miracle just to avoid an innings defeat"

So forgive me for not thinking this is done and dusted. It probably is. But I won't say it.
This game is very different to all those 3 games.