• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I actually hope Amla just bowls Tahir... whatever happens just keep bowling him. Maybe he can do something special maybe India score 100 in 10 makes no difference now...

PS: I hope PEWS notices I have said nothing re the pitch since yesterday morning... its killing me :)

indiaholic

International Captain
Vijay didn't get runs in the second inning. One can bat well and make runs. More often, one will bat well but get a ball which they can't do much about here.
Vijay didnt get runs in the second innings because he steered a half volley into Amla's hands. You are not watching the match, are you?

harsh.ag

Vijay didn't get runs in the second inning. One can bat well and make runs. More often, one will bat well but get a ball which they can't do much about here.
No one complains so vehemently when good deliveries get carted around on flat pitches though. Just consider this karma. And you know what she is.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Knew some smarty pants would up with such a response. Here it is far more a chance of getting the unplayable deliveries. That's the point.
What's the issue with that though? There will be other pitches and other games (see Australia v New Zealand, 2nd Test) where batting is easier.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The only thing that struck me as a red flag is when one of the world's top seam bowlers started bowling medium pace offies. I'll always be annoyed by a surface that takes a type of bowling out completely.
Morkel 's spell yesterday was brilliant. Used the conditions superbly to get reverse and reaped the rewards.

StephenZA

Most difficult thing for me is that SA feel like they have lost all their fight..... and I think that may be directly to the loss of Smith not captaining. Not that Amla has been a bad captain, the team just feels like it has no grit! If that makes sense. Smith always brought a sort of something...

OverratedSanity

When India batted first was 90% sure they would win. Winning toss is big advantage on such a wicket as it deteriorates by the 4th dab a lot.
No its been spinning since day 1. The bat first advantage isn't as big on this track at all because of how much it's helped spin since the beginning.

OverratedSanity

Most difficult thing for me is that SA feel like they have lost all their fight..... and I think that may be directly to the loss of Smith not captaining. Not that Amla has been a bad captain, the team just feels like it has no grit! If that makes sense. Smith always brought a sort of something...
He also had Kallis, a fit Steyn, and an in form Amla. And Smith himself.