• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Flem274*

123/5
after watching a game where one bloke had to regularly bowl 155kph with the weight of scoreboard pressure behind him and a guy on the other team had to bowl beautiful lines on day 4 to have a hope of a little reward, this pitch is fun.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Pujara, please bore us.

He's the batsman most suited to bat in these conditions. Have no faith in Kohli/Rahane to not showboat.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pujara, please bore us.

He's the batsman most suited to bat in these conditions. Have no faith in Kohli/Rahane to not showboat.
I really want someone to ton up with ease against some non trash bowling (basically Tahir doesn't get a bowl) so the people wahhing about the pitch like Hayden can stfu.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
I think there's a decent argument to be made for some of the SAF players to not try blocking if they can't trust their defence in these conditions, they may perish anyway but a 20-30 where you might end up spreading the field is better than getting out wondering. A lot of people here get touchy when the pitch is being mentioned but 2 times this series we've had surfaces that haven't played true to their general nature, I believe quite a few bowlers who are of average Ranji level could've done what Jadeja has done here and in Mohali. Unless you're someone like Cook, Misbah or Younis you need to be positive to have a chance here.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I don't get this. If I was being facetious then I'd say that a pitch where Ravindra Jadeja looks competent is obviously a poor one that needs reporting but it's not as if Ashwin was pitching it on the leftie's off stump and spinning it to slip, or the ball's been taking off from a good length. I've not seen any deliveries where the turn and bounce has made me go 'wow, that's just completely unfair.'

Green, seaming wickets where 300 is a good score get praised as being good for cricket, batsmen can't have things all their own way, T20 is ruining technique, in my day we knew how to defend. Why the double standard when the pitch offers turn (and it's not like the quicks have been out the game)

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
What a farce. At least with a greentop it is usually pretty good for batting on in the 2nd innings (and in the case of the Basin Reserve - a day one greentop becomes a road). This is incredibly difficult for the entire (2/3 days of the) test match.

At least after AB's duck, Kane Williamson now has a decent chance of going to no1 in the world rankings.

indiaholic

International Captain
What a farce. At least with a greentop it is usually pretty good for batting on in the 2nd innings (and in the case of the Basin Reserve - a day one greentop becomes a road). This is incredibly difficult for the entire (2/3 days of the) test match.

At least after AB's duck, Kane Williamson now has a decent chance of going to no1 in the world rankings.
If it is easier to bat in the second innings, it is too toss dependent.

Flem274*

123/5

haha, example A of the anti-spin bias talked about in the past few pages

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
As I mentioned during the earlier test, these wickets are nonsense. Problem is people can't be set in them. Example of a Turner or a bouncy wicket like Durban is not right. If one criticises flat tracks which lead to boring draws, one should be critical of these too. Why have tests named as five day games when they will be over in three. Absolutely ridiculous.
Having said this, I am split regarding variety aspect though. As long as a pitch is not dangerous, cricket can be played on it. This pitch supports luck far more than skill. Even a skilled player is likely to get a ball to get him out for naught, say. However it does offer variety. That way, it's not bad at all.

indiaholic

International Captain
Having said this, I am split regarding variety aspect though. As long as a pitch is not dangerous, cricket can be played on it. This pitch supports luck far more than skill. Even a skilled player is likely to get a ball to get him out for naught, say. However it does offer variety. That way, it's not bad at all.
Bah! Give me the list of dismissals that happened due to bad luck. Are you guys watching the game?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
When players know they can't last long, they will go for a hit out and make a quick 30-40 approach. Makes the dismissals look bad but they are very much because of the pitch.