• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Imagine if sport leagues like the Premier League just didn't give out a trophy to the side that finished 1st if it wasn't a really dominant ATG team. The number one side is the current best side in the world. It's not when a side reaches a random arbitrary level that is only occasionally achieved.

Xuhaib

International Coach
The number one team is not a flawless team. It is the best of the lot. So who is the best of the teams currently playing?
I thnk NZ atm has the most bases covered yes their spinner is not very good but he has shown the ability to close out games for his side when needed.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The number one team is not a flawless team. It is the best of the lot. So who is the best of the teams currently playing?
I don't actually know the answer to this. The rankings say South Africa but IMO the rankings occasionally take time to catch up to reality when there's a changing of the guard. I don't think there's currently a stand out best team.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
I think SA would still have to be considered the best. Remember they've also had injuries this series and key players are out of form. If they don't win against England I think that status can be reassessed.

Number 2 Pakistan are an interesting challenger though. Shame they haven't toured England or Australia for so long.

Flem274*

123/5
everyone apart from west indies and sri lanka are pretty close, and despite the personnel change over issues sri lanka are doing decent

Xuhaib

International Coach
would like to see how Ashwin goes on his next leg of away tours his home record is getting scarily good almost murali levels good.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Cant blame the pitch... Yes its tough... We just dont have the quality spinners to exploit it like india does...

That said our batting has been **** the guys look absolutely mortified facing spin, no confidence at all.

Xuhaib

International Coach
India, NZ and Aus has the most potential to break out off the pack. Most of their key players are close to their peak or yet to reach their peak. Sa i believe will go in a transition Pak will lose Misbah, Younis soon while Anderson might also be in his career's final phase.

Last edited:

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is the worst I`ve seen SA bat for awhile, it is also the worst batting display SA have played in India since readmission... but I`m not going to discard the SA batting line-up just because of this tour. Can the SA batsmen have batted better yes... will I judge the future of any of these SA batsmen on how they played on these pitches against Ashwin and co. No I would not, and neither will the SA selectors. If we perform poorly against Eng at home, that is another matter.

Our bowlers have performed well though and that is a good thing for SA cricket. Harmer has bowled well and Rabada is a real find.

Last edited: