• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

test cricketer

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I can see punters suggestion that we do away with the toss, gaining traction after this series. Personally I would welcome it as it would lead to more competitive series and maybe better pitches

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can see punters suggestion that we do away with the toss, gaining traction after this series. Personally I would welcome it as it would lead to more competitive series and maybe better pitches
Pitch didn't behave any different Day 1 and 2, the toss barely played a part.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
India, NZ and Aus has the most potential to break out off the pack. Most of their key players are close to their peak or yet to reach their peak. Sa i believe will go in a transition Pak will lose Misbah, Younis soon while Anderson might also be in his career's final phase.
India batsmen cant play on there own spinning tracks... never mind something with bounce overseas. Australia score big on flat tracks and punish poor bowling, but when the ball starts to move have been found wanting..., NZ actually does look the most potentially complete but the question is have they got enough depth to keep it going for a decent period of time?

Gnske

There's not been plumes of dust everywhere or chunks flying out the pitch every time the ball pitches like there was in Galle (?) 2011 when Australia visited.
The famous "I've seen worse so that means this isn't bad" argument

OverratedSanity

Cant blame the pitch... Yes its tough... We just dont have the quality spinners to exploit it like india does...

That said our batting has been **** the guys look absolutely mortified facing spin, no confidence at all.
It's definitely the batting that has cost you. Even India haven't batted that well. Apart from Vijay, and Pujara our batsmen have struggled too. Just not anywhere near as badly though.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Give me this over the piece of **** that Nagpur served up in 2012. Worst pitch I've ever seen.
Probably SAffers have made the pitch look worst than it actually is but there are definitely some areas which are offering inconsistent turn. The turn Ashwin got is humanly impossible to achieve with carrom ball. Inconsistent bounce is also evident as some balls died down to the keeper (Vilas is standing close) and the one that took off in last Morkel's over. But this is certainly not 70 odd pitch.

StephenZA

Next time India visits SA

Truth is we don't want it that green when India come to SA... we want it to bounce with a little movement. SA batsmen can normally handle the bounce whereas Indian batsmen struggle, being more used to the lower bounce pitches....

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The famous "I've seen worse so that means this isn't bad" argument
van Zyl looked clueless
Amla played a brainless shot, got absolutely nowhere near the ball to even think about sweeping
de Villiers played a stupid shot
Du Plessis just tried to hack at one

That's 4 of the top 6 getting themselves out, the pitch played no part in any of those dismissals.

If this was a fast, bouncy track where India had **** the bed and been bowled out for 79 we'd be mocking their inability to play fast bowling.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Going back to bed now, won't be at all surprised to see India cruising 2 wickets down with an 80+ opening stand when I get back up.

OverratedSanity

Probably SAffers have made the pitch look worst than it actually is but there are definitely some areas which are offering inconsistent turn. The turn Ashwin got is humanly impossible to achieve with carrom ball. Inconsistent bounce is also evident as some balls died down to the keeper (Vilas is standing close) and the one that took off in last Morkel's over. But this is certainly not 70 odd pitch.
Yeah there's definitely some inconsistent tun and bounced, but don't think it's anything worth complaining about. It's been very very poor batting.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Truth is we don't want it that green when India come to SA... we want it to bounce with a little movement. SA batsmen can normally handle the bounce whereas Indian batsmen struggle, being more used to the lower bounce pitches....
The current batch of Indian batsmen suited to ball coming on to the bat though

OverratedSanity

Bounce doesn't really trouble most of our batsmen. Movement I definitely an issue. Just serve up sporting pitches that over movement to good bowlers and SA will eat us for lunch.

Gnske

van Zyl looked clueless
Amla played a brainless shot, got absolutely nowhere near the ball to even think about sweeping
de Villiers played a stupid shot
Du Plessis just tried to hack at one

That's 4 of the top 6 getting themselves out, the pitch played no part in any of those dismissals.

If this was a fast, bouncy track where India had **** the bed and been bowled out for 79 we'd be mocking their inability to play fast bowling.
Yes the pitch played absolutely no part in Van Zyl looking clueless and the rest of the batsmen resorting to drastically dreadful measures to score.

Also you don't need a fast bouncy track for India to screw the pooch overseas tbh, regardless the ones they were served in England last year for example weren't unplayable trash.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
As I mentioned during the earlier test, these wickets are nonsense. Problem is people can't be set in them. Example of a Turner or a bouncy wicket like Durban is not right. If one criticises flat tracks which lead to boring draws, one should be critical of these too. Why have tests named as five day games when they will be over in three. Absolutely ridiculous.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Some people on cricinfo suggesting india declare... Worst part is i think the game is probably already safe, might as well declare.

Teja.

Global Moderator
This is a 200-220 par pitch IMO. If you think pitches like that are trash, then this is trash.

This is a pitch you can't really get your eye in and every defensive mistake will cost you. I'd say it's a welcome relief.