• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan and England in the UAE 2015/16

Niall

International Coach

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
****ing hell.. I was so looking forward to see Mark Wood bowl in SA. One of the most exciting new fast bowlers in the world.

FBU

International Debutant
Given that they knew Wood was in need of an ankle op for a while, I'm guessing in hindsight they're regretting him not having the op at the end of the summer.

Shame that Olly Stone injured his back at the end of the English season because I could have seen him overtaking a few and getting on this tour.

Still the Stokes injury could have been a lot worse so we can be thankfull that he seems likely to be fit.
If you are giving a debut to someone what about Footitt?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I wouldn't say this England side are dreadful. Beat NZ, competed against Australia and now beating Pakistan away. Middle of the pack, but not dreadful.
The way I see it, both England and Pakistan are pretty awful ODI sides, with England showing some improvement, and slightly ahead of Pakistan right now. Can't really look too much into this series as when two poor teams compete, there isn't much you can gather from it.

However, what illustrates my point is the fact that 'competing' against Australia is considered a success. I agree with you, it was a success from England point of view especially after the first 2 games but you know what, if we're aspiring to just 'compete', that means we're a pretty bad team.

Even Bangladesh don't aspire to 'compete' in ODI series anymore. They aspire to win and are a better ODI side than both England and Pakistan now.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The way I see it, both England and Pakistan are pretty awful ODI sides, with England showing some improvement, and slightly ahead of Pakistan right now. Can't really look too much into this series as when two poor teams compete, there isn't much you can gather from it.

However, what illustrates my point is the fact that 'competing' against Australia is considered a success. I agree with you, it was a success from England point of view especially after the first 2 games but you know what, if we're aspiring to just 'compete', that means we're a pretty bad team.

Even Bangladesh don't aspire to 'compete' in ODI series anymore. They aspire to win and are a better ODI side than both England and Pakistan now.
Point taken but we've definitely improved since early this year

91Jmay

International Coach

Competing with the world champions (losing 3-2) and beating the world cup runners up (3-2) over 10 games and there isn't much you can gather from it? Disagree there.

We are also a better team than Bangladesh. Not miles better but still better.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
It's difficult to say who is better ODI team between England and Bangladesh now, but both are definitely better than SL, WI, Pak and Zim.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Competing with the world champions (losing 3-2) and beating the world cup runners up (3-2) over 10 games and there isn't much you can gather from it? Disagree there.
I said that about the current series.

We are also a better team than Bangladesh. Not miles better but still better.
According to which form guide? Have you seen Bangladesh perform in 2015 in ODIs?

Bossbabe909

Cricket Spectator
Bangladesh can know their true worth, if they plays 3 , multi day games at Lords or Calcutta.Boycott suggest ,'' please plays at Lords''
Bangladesh Doctored their home wickets which help their major bowler,Mustfizur Rahim only.They DO NOT wants
to play test matches or plays less than 3 per year.zimbabwe not plays test matches since long time.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Is it sensible to announce the squad to SA when they still have a handful of limited overs matches to play on this tour?

I don't really have a coherent argument here but I'm pretty sure 'dressing room' is involved. Eg what does it do to Topley's mindset today knowing that he's bowling pretty well for England right now but Jordan who isn't has just been picked ahead of him for the next tour?

Bossbabe909

Cricket Spectator
southafrica tour selection

hi,
Jordan selection, base on multiday or 5 day matches and rest of 1 plus 3 games are for other than test format.plus woakes selection was @ misguide for someone who not take a single wicket for 292 runs off 7 game and suddenly took 8 wkts in ODI and he make it in test team is big shock

I think Balance and Samit is good choice instead of bell and Rashid..they should select Topley and Footitt together but I think Topley missed out.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangladesh can know their true worth, if they plays 3 , multi day games at Lords or Calcutta.Boycott suggest ,'' please plays at Lords''
Bangladesh Doctored their home wickets which help their major bowler,Mustfizur Rahim only.They DO NOT wants
to play test matches or plays less than 3 per year.zimbabwe not plays test matches since long time.
Yeah if Bangladesh win at home they 'doctored' their pitches but Australia or England or India win at home, it's just great cricket :laugh:

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
I said that about the current series.

According to which form guide? Have you seen Bangladesh perform in 2015 in ODIs?
At home England win, at home Bangladesh win. It is basically a case of conditions deciding series, just I think we have more batsmen capable of playing match winning knocks in their conditions than vice versa.