• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Over in 3 days. Wow!

South Africa's inexperience with the bat ultimately took this game way beyond their reach. Sometimes I think they are in denial about certain aspects of their batting.

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
It was the mindset of Amla and Faf that bothers me... I can understand the other guys (not AB) getting nervous or edgy but I think the build up to this series got to them.
Faf was talking about rank turners even before when the pitch was not prepared fully. They had this pre conceived notion which showed in their game. The pitch was a turner for sure but it was not like the way they surrendered and collapsed. Could not quite comprehend what Elgar said in the press conference after day 1. Hopefully SA will come back strong in the next match.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Won't be surprised to see Rahul/Ojha come in next game for Dhawan/Saha, though I'd probably retain the same lineup. If Dhawan survives the quicks he'll make plenty and Saha is still learning. Ojha isn't a better keeper anyways, though probably a better bat.

As for SA, it all depends on the injuries I guess. If all three of Morkel, Steyn and Duminy are fit then they'll have a real selection dilemma in their hands.
Assuming no injuries. If the pitch is the same as this one then Duminy comes in for Rabada, if it is flatter then I will would say Duminy in for Harmer imo.

Niall

International Coach
LOL at all the crying about the pitch.

India producing a pitch to give themselves their best chance of winning. How dare they.

But heh, we know the rules online, green seamers on day 1 and its great for test cricket to see fast bowlers in their element and a proper test of batsmen, spins from day 1 in the SC and its a bad pitch, not good for test cricket and doctoring.

Cook rightfully after the second test when they were trashed on a pitch which favored Australia in the Ashes demanded English pitches and he got them and won the next 2 tests and regained the Ashes. Only a few dorks moaned at the end of the end of the series and to be fair they were shouted down by the majority. Hopefully India produce pitches like this all series as they will win the series if they do.

**** all the armchair purists. :)

StephenZA

Faf was talking about rank turners even before when the pitch was not prepared fully. They had this pre conceived notion which showed in their game. The pitch was a turner for sure but it was not like the way they surrendered and collapsed. Could not quite comprehend what Elgar said in the press conference after day 1. Hopefully SA will come back strong in the next match.
Agree 100%, they fell into the 'trap' of playing India's game rather than there own.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL at all the crying about the pitch.

India producing a pitch to give themselves their best chance of winning. How dare they.

But heh, we know the rules online, green seamers on day 1 and its great for test cricket to see fast bowlers in their element and a proper test of batsmen, spins from day 1 in the SC and its a bad pitch, not good for test cricket and doctoring.

Cook rightfully after the second test when they were trashed on a pitch which favored Australia in the Ashes demanded English pitches and he got them and won the next 2 tests and regained the Ashes. Only a few dorks moaned at the end of the end of the series and to be fair they were shouted down by the majority. Hopefully India produce pitches like this all series as they will win the series if they do.

**** all the armchair purists. :)
Don't forget the other end of the spectrum.

500 runs in first innings in UAE - bad advertisement for test cricket

389 in 90 overs in Day 1 in Gabba in a most one sided test match- Exciting cricket.

Niall

International Coach
Don't forget the other end of the spectrum.

500 runs in first innings in UAE - bad advertisement for test cricket

389 in 90 overs in Day 1 in Gabba in a most one sided test match- Exciting cricket.
Or when Indians were been rolled, lots of "LOL INDIA " etc , but once the Saffer boys start tumbling "bad pitch, not suitable for test cricket" etc.

Anyway enough moaning, well done India.

South Africa if Duminy is back next test will be much stronger, very handy against spin, this will be a fun test series I think.

Last edited:

StephenZA

Seen it on twitter and elsewhere online, my cricket friend in work had a sulk, but he is an Essex fan so never really that happy whatsoever.:laugh:

Probably not here to be fair.:)
There is a little bit of argument amongst the SA pundits. But really there is acceptance of the fact that this was India's best chance of winning so it not surprising.

What they are saying is we need to try produce our own Ashwin so that India would be less likely to produce such turners :D

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
Better looking than Kohli.

**hides from Jono**
Lets not forget he stuck Michael Clarke in his pocket last year as well.

Not after timing whatsoever, but always should be playing in the SC tests with the limited options available.

social

Sir Jadeja proving to be the match-winner as I hoped. Always a fan.
Averages 17 with the ball at home and 46 away

Plus he ****s himself with the bat when the ball bounces above knee height

Complete fraud IMO

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
There is a little bit of argument amongst the SA pundits. But really there is acceptance of the fact that this was India's best chance of winning so it not surprising.

What they are saying is we need to try produce our own Ashwin so that India would be less likely to produce such turners :D
I think Harmer and Tahir did their job, aided by Elgar. You could not ask more from their spinners. England can make that argument with Adil Rashid, Patel and Moeen, but no SA.

They were let down by their batting. Amla failed miserably. As the captain and the most experienced batsman in the side, he has to take responsibility. Absolutely no excuse for his mode of dismissal in the second innings.