• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia 2015

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Man this Adelaide Test is going to be something. It actually is a little scary that players are complaining about the balls visibility and we are playing the first ever day/night test on the anniversary of the late Phil Hughes's passing. Will be a sad but spectacular day.
Hadn't though about that. I hope it's not that hard to see. Visible with dodgy seam isn't dangerous but batting definitely harder if the new ball times with dusk I feel.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I have a half a thought that Rooty hill was finalised as a fixture a bit later in the piece. But don't know for certain. The particular web site I copied and pasted from for the OP only had a couple of tour games denoted at the time.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Anybody with even the most rudimentary knowledge of Australian pitches would know that Manuka is always a road and Blacktown is always a slow dungheap

I assume that the Kiwi administrators would have known this when negotiating the tour schedule so they only have themselves to blame
you have got to be kidding me.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
We should send Australia to play at Melville next time they come here. It's a pitch where they've somehow managed to make the pitch greener than the field that surrounds it.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
you have got to be kidding me.
There's no rule that a board has to accept any old schedule put in front of them by the host nation and they are frequently changed e.g. this match was originally supposed to be a 4 dayer but was reduced to 3 as the Kiwis wanted to get to Brisbane early

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
There's no rule that a board has to accept any old schedule put in front of them by the host nation and they are frequently changed e.g. this match was originally supposed to be a 4 dayer but was reduced to 3 as the Kiwis wanted to get to Brisbane early
not about rules mate.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
not about rules mate.
Then what's it about?

I wonder whether Kiwis would have the same attitude if it had been their team that racked up 500/1 and then the opposition hoisted the white flag?

Anyway, forget Blacktown - you should be more worried about the performance of your 2nd tier bowlers as that type of score is unacceptable in any conditions

Howsie

International Captain
I can't imagine Tom Latham, Martin Guptill, Brendon McCullum or Kane Williamson will do too much bowling in the test series so I'm sure they will be okay.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Then what's it about?

I wonder whether Kiwis would have the same attitude if it had been their team that racked up 500/1 and then the opposition hoisted the white flag?

Anyway, forget Blacktown - you should be more worried about the performance of your 2nd tier bowlers as that type of score is unacceptable in any conditions
In the main, it's about the host association choosing to schedule a match on a pitch that from all I'm reading, has never been fit to host FC matches let alone an international team. Let the Women's Big Bash play there.

Anyway, it's done now. They'll have forgotten about it and so should we. I think our posters are pretty two-eyed when it comes to their take on things, and if Australia turned up to play on a bung pitch and decided to move on, we'd see the merit in it. Me at least has no issues (and Hesson said the same thing) in not receiving favours, and being booked in on flat ones..just not ones that break into a million pieces after 4 sessions.

And you might well be right about our first change bowlers. I don't think any of us are that confident about who should be the third seamer, or whether they're going to do a decent job. Incidentally, it's possible to discuss/worry/think about one thing at a time.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
My only dissapointment is that I haven't been involved in any of this trans Tasman banter. I look forward to the matches starting and some memes being developed out of the rooty hill experience.