• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia 2015

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When was the last bad Sydney pitch? 04 was too flat, but last year was ok if a little on the flat side. They're the only two draws in the last 20 years there but I can't remember any pitches that were unplayable in that time. Usually a great balance with opportunities to score big, but still enough for the quicks, whilst bringing spin into the game later. Maybe it's just parochialism but I don't think there's a better place to see all of Test cricket's skills get a fair crack than the SCG.
2010 started as a massive greentop IIRC, though it later dried out.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On the bright side, at least when Finch gets there we won't have to look back to Liam Davis for the last FC triple in Australia.

howardj

International Coach
32 degrees at the Gabba on Thursday is the forecast

Can't wait to take up my seat in the Members, with thankfully no Cricketweb Banner to have to erect this year :)

adub

International Captain
2010 was wet over the New Year and the first morning was overcast so tailor made for Asif (and Sami). Wouldn't call it a bad pitch though, just tough conditions early doors. Next two innings were 333 and 381. (we won't discuss what happened in the fourth innings, but I don't think we can blame the pitch for it whatever it was).

2008? I assume you mean 08/09? I remember it broke up a bit late and there was that nice crack just outside off to the lefties that MJ was using to give Smith a hard time. Still took until the last minutes of the 5th day to get the result. Might have been a little on the slow side, but If that's as bad as the SCG gets it backs up my argument that the SCG is the best pitch in world cricket for giving everyone a fair crack.

(Brisbane's pretty good too, just the crowd brings it down)

adub

International Captain
On the bright side, at least when Finch gets there we won't have to look back to Liam Davis for the last FC triple in Australia.
Yeah thinking Finch is the latest will be sooooo much better.

Carters to go on with it and save us all.

adub

International Captain
32 degrees at the Gabba on Thursday is the forecast

Can't wait to take up my seat in the Members, with thankfully no Cricketweb Banner to have to erect this year :)
Sure you can't sort out a 'hello mum' banner or something?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah thinking Finch is the latest will be sooooo much better.

Carters to go on with it and save us all.
He's a classy player that's on the conveyor belt to the top of the world.

Besides Kiwi bullying innings are fun.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
What a farce. Carters bringing up a double ton while Baz and Guptil wheel away on the concrete strip.

ajdude

International Coach
if I were Baz I'd give Santner or someone who isn't playing a bowl to take away first class status