• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan and England in the UAE 2015/16

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
I didn't get that...who went to the third umpire the first time? The umpire himself?
Umpired checked to see if it was a bump ball or not, then Wood reviewed the decision that he'd edged it. But when reviewing the bump ball the 3rd umpire checks that he's hit it anyway, so...

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well considering Bumble and Beefy were saying Yasir has no variations and we should be able to play him we have made a good job of proving them wrong today. Wahab deserves the Michelle really but Yasir will probably get it.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't get why if a player reviews a decision or when an umpire goes up to the tv replay for help, they can only check for one particular thing. Once you go up to the third umpire, who has the benefit of tv replays, he should have the liberty to take all modes of dismissal into account and make the ****ing decision. So stupid.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
pretty sure it's been established in previous cases that when the umps refer it themselves, the 3rd ump checks everything
Just further on this, I think it was the 2012 India v England series where it first happened. Umpire checked whether an edge carried, then gave it not out cause he didn't hit it. There was outrage at first because Gambhir had basically got a review in a series without ones.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
I don't get why if a player reviews a decision or when an umpire goes up to the tv replay for help, they can only check for one particular thing. Once you go up to the third umpire, who has the benefit of tv replays, he should have the liberty to take all modes of dismissal into account and make the ****ing decision. So stupid.
He does.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Shame the Broad who scored 169 against Pakistan is no more
I was thinking this, but then that same Broad averaged 35 with the ball. I think the new one is the better player.

~

I don't know why it matters to me for us to bat until lunch but it does. The ever lowering standards on the batting collapse

Spark

Global Moderator
I was thinking this, but then that same Broad averaged 35 with the ball. I think the new one is the better player.

~

I don't know why it matters to me for us to bat until lunch but it does. The ever lowering standards on the batting collapse
Broad's peak with the bat coincided with the period where he was annihilating India at will, tbf.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Just further on this, I think it was the 2012 India v England series where it first happened. Umpire checked whether an edge carried, then gave it not out cause he didn't hit it. There was outrage at first because Gambhir had basically got a review in a series without ones.
Ftr: 3rd Test: India v England at Kolkata, Dec 5-9, 2012 | Cricket Commentary | ESPN Cricinfo

Swann to Gambhir, no run, turn and bounce, caught at slip! Or is it? Jonathan Trott claims the catch and is celebrating wildly - he's got previous though - but the replay shows it is a brilliant low one-handed catch, this is out surely. Well they've checked and the replay does suggest that Gambhir has missed it but that's not a question the third umpire can rule on, not out is given! Unbelievable

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone who was looking at this mornings events and didn't know who was who would certainly be wondering why the **** Jimmy is number 11