• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan and England in the UAE 2015/16

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Damn.

Chancy innings from Cook really, the runs had really dried up since tea as well, nicks through slip for four excepted
You know all throughout this game, wickets have fallen right after the break. Misbah got out first thing in the morning, Hafeez and Malik after Lunch yesterday.

Howe_zat

Audio File
You know all throughout this game, wickets have fallen right after the break. Misbah got out first thing in the morning, Hafeez and Malik after Lunch yesterday.
concentration game innit.

~

Poor delivery to Bairstow first up. I had been wondering where Yasir's variations were, if that's the standard he should stick to legspin

91Jmay

International Coach
Good captaincy, well executed by Yasir. Cook with another important knock given the early wickets, this game on a knife-edge but with our middle order you have to fancy Pakistan to get on a roll.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bell is average but we hardly have a load of players queuing up at the top of the order to replace him or Ali. We do kind of have Bairstow batting in the middle order who averages 26 after 18 tests. The batting is average.

Be interesting to see what the selectors do at the top of the order for the SA series. They'll of had a good look at Hales in the nets this tour. Wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of him without playing a game. Wouldn't be surprised at this point if a Compton or Robson get recalled for SA. Maybe even a Rory Burns callup.
You can't look at a new player's average to say all the batting is crap. Taylor could be a 45-50 average guy for all we know, but he's not had a proper run yet. People were saying England had no decent bowlers to come in based on Jordan earlier in the season. If guys like that are getting 40-50 caps then we should asking questions - is it a lack of talent or rubbish selectors?

91Jmay

International Coach
Taylor has been treated dreadfully, without question but outside of him the well is a little empty. Someone like James Hildreth is realistically one of next in line, but does anyone think he would do well?

JRC67

U19 12th Man
Bell is average but we hardly have a load of players queuing up at the top of the order to replace him or Ali. We do kind of have Bairstow batting in the middle order who averages 26 after 18 tests. The batting is average.

Be interesting to see what the selectors do at the top of the order for the SA series. They'll of had a good look at Hales in the nets this tour. Wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of him without playing a game. Wouldn't be surprised at this point if a Compton or Robson get recalled for SA. Maybe even a Rory Burns callup.
Our batting is 2 world class player, 2 reasonable middle to lower order batsmen (one of whom is opening), 3/4 unconvincing top order players and a wicket keeper/batsman who has quite made it at this level. Any bowling unit that gets Cook and Root must feel they are well in with a shout.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Bazid is the most informed, most prepared commentator from Pakistan. Rameez and Sikandar Bakht barely know beyond what's taken place a month ago. And Ian Botham will never be paired with Bazid, so he will always have to ask his "tell me about Shafiq, tell me about Yasir" to the other jokers

JRC67

U19 12th Man
Taylor has been treated dreadfully, without question but outside of him the well is a little empty. Someone like James Hildreth is realistically one of next in line, but does anyone think he would do well?
Not sure he's been treated dreadfully, Bairstow deserved a run on form and Taylor will get his shot. After his promising first test innings Taylor looked out of his depth last time around. I felt he got taken out of the team correctly and told what he needed to do to get back in. For me I think he is slightly better than Bairstow, much better against spin. My gut reaction is that he will still struggle against players quicker than fast-medium, but I'm pretty sure he'll get a shot before the end of the winter.

91Jmay

International Coach
Bazid is the most informed, most prepared commentator from Pakistan. Rameez and Sikandar Bakht barely know beyond what's taken place a month ago. And Ian Botham will never be paired with Bazid, so he will always have to ask his "tell me about Shafiq, tell me about Yasir" to the other jokers
Heaven forbid Botham do some research for his highly paid commentary role.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure he's been treated dreadfully, Bairstow deserved a run on form and Taylor will get his shot. After his promising first test innings Taylor looked out of his depth last time around. I felt he got taken out of the team correctly and told what he needed to do to get back in. For me I think he is slightly better than Bairstow, much better against spin. My gut reaction is that he will still struggle against players quicker than fast-medium, but I'm pretty sure he'll get a shot before the end of the winter.
Taylor had 3 Test innings, 3 years ago. Taylor was the man who should have been in front for me.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
The one record I really look forward to Cook breaking is the "most balls faced in a Test career" record. I think its held by Dravid with ~31,250. Cook's currently at about 20,600

Howe_zat

Audio File
But sick of the same people who call for county players to come into the team all the time are having a typical moan about Bairstow even when he's quietly made a good start here.

The guy just averaged 90 in the first division of CC. He was the best batsman by bloody miles. He's your pick. You wanted to pick guys with tons this year, guys in form, guys who've 'earned it', here he is.

You think Taylor should be in ahead of him? Fine. But you better be damn sure next year and the year after that, because you've not let results make up your mind.

91Jmay

International Coach
The one record I really look forward to Cook breaking is the "most balls faced in a Test career" record. I think its held by Dravid with ~31,250. Cook's currently at about 20,600
I just sent it to Miller on cricinfo (I know, I know) Cook is on 20770, just gone past Atherton.