• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan and England in the UAE 2015/16

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Cook in this series reminds me so much of Trescothick in the 2005 series. While Cook might be a better batsman overall and has already achieved more, Trescothick is someone I rate quite highly and 2005 Trescothick was his best. That series was supposed to be Akhtar and Kaneria's peak series and the comfort with which he played them. I think he got a 190 in one of the games too. Like Cook he had the ability to grind the opposition down.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Cook in this series reminds me so much of Trescothick in the 2005 series. While Cook might be a better batsman overall and has already achieved more, Trescothick is someone I rate quite highly and 2005 Trescothick was his best. That series was supposed to be Akhtar and Kaneria's peak series and the comfort with which he played them. I think he got a 190 in one of the games too. Like Cook he had the ability to grind the opposition down.
Hard to think of two English openers more different than those two. S'more than one way to skin a cat and/or bat in Asia I suppose

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Glad to hear that. Massive Bell fan, people forget his 140 in SA 2009 which won them the test match.
You'd think when he's scored so few meaningful hundreds that people would remember them more.

The guy barely averages above 40 with some pretty placid pitches around, the fact that he's cashed in so well on godawful teams suggests that he must balance it out with being complete turd against the good ones. Oh err yea.

He's been a genuine asset to the England side for maybe 2-3 years in his career. But it's compensated by just as many years when he's pretty much useless.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Frig me where was this turn yesterday?

Zulfiqur just bowled around the wicket to the right hander, pitched it outside leg and had an lbw shout on a ball going above off stump.

Let no one say this wasn't a contest if they make runs. Top cricket right now

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
He was lucky it was along the ground as that ball was travelling and would have had the bails off with a bit of bounce.

91Jmay

International Coach
Haven't seen two England players play spin this well for a long, long time. Seriously impressive, Root counterattacks so well.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Is this Rameez? He's doing a very good impression of making **** up as he goes along based on the stats he's reading. He can't know that little about England's captain and best bat