• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at Edgbaston

91Jmay

International Coach
Cook's numbers are ok though given the amount of innings + opening, especially considered the horror run of form he had in the middle.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Day 3 and 4 were sold out last week, Day 1 and 2 only had a smattering of tickets left in the temporary stand on Wednesday. Will be a great atmosphere, one of the best grounds in England for atmosphere. What stand are you in?
Skyline West.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Choosing an innings cut-off of 40 has a fair bit to do with that though.
Even during his relatively lean period, it isn't as if Bell has played key innings to rescue England, but most of those innings came in the 2013 Ashes, when he was in outstanding form. His 109 at Trent Bridge came at 121 for 3 in the second innings, after England trailed by 65 after the first; when he made 109 at Lord's he came in at 28 for 3; his 113 at Chester-le-Street again came after England had conceded a slender lead and lost three quick wickets in the second innings. They were all tough runs, against a difficult bowling attack, and helped England win, but since that series he has hardly ever done that, and even through his entire career the tough runs haven't come often enough
Thank you

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I am half seriously thinking about Haddin as opener if Rogers is out.
Why the hell? I'm meh on Shaun Marsh, love him when he makes runs because he looks so great but his consistency has historically been tripe.

But surely the guy has done EVERYTHING a reserve/replacement opener possibly could've thru the WIs and here in the tour games?

Raffski

School Boy/Girl Captain
surely the Watson experience has finished now...**** me, it just cant keep going can it
I would think that the emergence of M. Marsh would end Watson's test career, at long last.

It's going to be difficult to explain to future generations just how Watson managed 59 test with such sub-par averages; they might ask if he was one of those 'more than the numbers' players, to which the only response would be that if anything, he contributed even less than those numbers suggest.

Debris

International 12th Man
Why the hell? I'm meh on Shaun Marsh, love him when he makes runs because he looks so great but his consistency has historically been tripe.

But surely the guy has done EVERYTHING a reserve/replacement opener possibly could've thru the WIs and here in the tour games?
I do not trust Shaun Marsh at all. He has failed too many times when it mattered. He is the Australian version of Graeme Hick. I would pick him over Haddin now because Haddin's batting looks to have faded too much. It would have been different a couple of years ago. Maybe what I am actually thinking is Nevill over Marsh.

It is all hypothetical, I am sure, because I am 90% certain Rogers will play.

Last edited:

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
I hate that Rogers may sit out, but dizzy spells are a bit dangerous after that head knock. If SMarsh fills in its not like the situation where Haddin/Neville were swapped for personal reasons. But Smarsh has done enough to give him another chance given he's on the tour.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Well he has to be fit and ready to play. If it weren't for his ear he'd be a lock, especially after Lords'. Hopefully he's recovers and can play the next test.

I'd actually back Marsh over Voges - maybe not for the third test, but if Voges fails to score in Birmhingham it's over for him. I'm not a huge fan of SMarsh but he's scoring runs and if Voges fails then he should play (at 4 imo, Clarke should be 5 but that's not gonna happen irl).

aussie tragic

International Captain
I can't believe the suggestions that Haddin, Nevill or Watson should open if Rogers is not fit...Marsh opened in WI and has scored 2 centuries in 2 innings on tour...is there really any decision to make other than that he should probably also replace Voges