• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
It was in jest, but then the post above you compare yourself to KP again, an infinite jest presumably.
No I compared the difference in quality. Surely I wouldn't compare marc to Ballance. Ballance has one serious weakness - against moving full deliveries on off stump; he's decent to anything on his hips or anything short and wide. Now, if we try to find strong points in marc's posting then...

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
I know Ballance still has his great record and all, but surely at some point Bayliss/Strauss have to look at the way he's batting, and go "nah, this really can't work". Whilst also firing every single batting coach he's come into contact with over the last two years. I simply cannot believe that this is actually his natural technique, as opposed to coached into him.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Watching the verdict. Marcus North just said on Starc, "this is the most important test match, because they're playing it."

Often something that's overlooked. We always talk about bowler resting for long series etc, and it is valid, but you have to try and win the current match first and foremost.

Not to say they should bowl a guy who's clearly injured, but.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
i feel like one of the reasons people have no faith in ballance is because he looks kinda like neville longbottom
Haha maybe!
For me, most backfoot players make me nervous early in there innings and then I feel like they're the most solid players later on. Longbottom is no different, especially when the bounce on this pitch has everyone looking a bit shoddy. 'If it counted the way you played the ball, he'd be poorer than Weasley' though

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watching the verdict. Marcus North just said on Starc, "this is the most important test match, because they're playing it."

Often something that's overlooked. We always talk about bowler resting for long series etc, and it is valid, but you have to try and win the current match first and foremost.

Not to say they should bowl a guy who's clearly injured, but.
It all depends on the injury though doesn't it, there are some you can play through without aggravating too much, and some you play through and it ****s you up for years. Got to show some level of intelligence on this.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It all depends on the injury though doesn't it, there are some you can play through without aggravating too much, and some you play through and it ****s you up for years. Got to show some level of intelligence on this.
Definitely. Just thought it was a fair general point. Like if we toil tomorrow and Anderson bowls heaps, sure it may have an adverse effect on him at Lords but what's the point risking this game just to give us an extra 2% in the next?

Had a few run and cokes. I know what I mean

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
How good is it when you watch highlights of an old test and they have a box in the top corner showing the batsmen running

Fusion

Global Moderator
Not sure which of those ideas is worse to be honest.

You really do just post **** all the time don't you?
Playing Ballance in a test team is the worst idea of all. He's far from test standard.

I am a far better poster than you can ever dream to be.
Must mean that those attacks he's scored runs off are also by definition far from test standard.

As for the other part of your post, I refer you to the second part of my post that you quoted you ignorant ****ing troll.
That's quite enough, thanks. No more of this bickering. If you have a problem with each other's posts, then please report them to the mod team instead of going at each other.