• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
geez for all this talk of our bowling stocks, if starc gets ruled out of the series or they just want to bring someone in they're not exactly spoilt for choice. Bird and Hilf have been ****, uhh Patto? Sandhu? if you're going in the uncapped direction I guess Fekete would be ideal ahead of Sayers and NCN. as long as they don't send Kane Richardson
Well Siddle and Cummins are already in the squad; I doubt they'll need to go deeper than that. I'm not really a big believer in Sayers but if he's going to succeed anywhere it'll be here so he'd be next in line for me, assuming Bird was still sending down ****e.

(Hilfenhaus just went home injured ftr on top of being ****)

ajdude

International Coach
They already have cummins waiting.
yeah he came in after Harris was injured, with Starc injured and it being a matter of hours before Cummins probably injures himself it doesn't seem ideal to not have backup for Starc

I guess just having Siddle and Cummins as backup doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. still reckon Siddle can offer something though

McKay's doing well for Leicestershire, just saying.
look that probably isn't a good thing.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
We should be near 400 by close of play if these two bat most of it. Would be looking at declaration 20 mins before lunch tomorrow.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
We should be near 400 by close of play if these two bat most of it. Would be looking at declaration 20 mins before lunch tomorrow.
That'd be about perfect, if they're not all out before then they should be throwing the bat after the first few overs tomorrow. We will lose some time on Sunday but there should be some play.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
The standing in Stokes way thing is petty but I'm surprised that bothers people so much. More common "gamesmanship" stuff like suddenly getting cramp with two balls left in the over 3 minutes before lunch annoys me way more than just trying to annoy the opposition.