• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

ajdude

International Coach
What did that dickhead say?
just blabbing on during that third umpire review. Gaffaney said 'yep, there's a puff of dust' and before he could finish his sentence Nicholas was going 'yeah look there's a puff of dust!'

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah true, Root aside. You could make an argument that Australia's slow start allowed them to build up to some quality cricket. Reckon we'd have seen them fade a lot more badly as the Australian innings went on if they hadn't got a good total up front.
Yeah, and even Root himself lived a really charmed life before he got to 10. Was beaten by Starc inswingers a couple of times and hit on the pads/midrift but Starc was bowling too short to trap him in front, then of course he was dropped. I don't want to go all FCA because he was awesome after that and deserves credit for it, but if Australia's bowlers/catchers were on top of their games I think he probably would've been gone early as well.

Both teams have played good cricket on Days 2 and 3 IMO, with England playing very good cricket today, but the difference in the game really lies in the fact that England were patchy on Day 1 while Australia were genuinely poor. Given we're rolling on in from a 5-0 whitewash, if Australia had actually played well on Day 1 here I think we'd be looking at a very different Test.

England are on top because they've played well for most of the game, but Australia definitely had it in their power to be well on top had they played to their usual standard on the first day IMO.

Primrose_D12

U19 Cricketer
Still holding a fair amount of intrigue if Australia can strike quickly here... being a neutral fan I'm still just hoping for an exciting full 5 days, heh.

BeeGee

International Captain
Siddle's reputation has grown during this match more than most Tests he plays.
It's not so much that Siddle's reputation has grown, it's more like Johnson's reputation has shrunk... like private parts in an April sea.