• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Obviously he had mute on during the away Ashes where the barmies continued to support the team loudly. And, you know, every Test we've played since...
I thought I'd test out the theory that these sort of jokes are funny, but only when they're not on us...seem's like it's a valid one.

Let's get back to chatting about Voges being a cheat and taking that seriously shall we? That was fun.

Gnske

wtf was Jimmy Anderson doing with that dismissal against Starc

I remember him being a solid, sensible blocking tail-ender who never threw his wicket away
Smashing 80 odd against the best pace attack ever to have visited England can do things for your confidence.

Son Of Coco

Would like to think England will bowl a little more like us at some stage. They've been pretty good so far.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Elaborate
Doesn't get much out of his run-up, tries to do it all in the delivery stride+release and then bowls with a half side-on, half front-on action. Those sort of unbalanced, mixed bowling actions are really discouraged by bowling coaches as they tend to lead to injury and inconsistency, and given he's been injured so much in his First Class career it's a surprise no-one's told him to bin the whole thing and start again. To be fair, his action is less 'mixed' in that way than it used to be -- he really did used to look like he was going to bowl completely front on and then twist himself in knots midway through his delivery jump.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I thought I'd test out the theory that these sort of jokes are funny, but only when they're not on us...seem's like it's a valid one.

Let's get back to chatting about Voges being a cheat and taking that seriously shall we? That was fun.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Doesn't get much out of his run-up, tries to do it all in the delivery stride+release and then bowls with a half side-on, half front-on action. Those sort of unbalanced, mixed bowling actions are really discouraged by bowling coaches as they tend to lead to injury and inconsistency, and given he's been injured so much in his First Class career it's a surprise no-one's told him to bin the whole thing and start again. To be fair, his action is less 'mixed' in that way than it used to be -- he really did used to look like he was going to bowl completely front on and then twist himself in knots midway through his delivery jump.
Ok so another Simon Jones in the making

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
600 plus?

Hold on there Ricky
Why wouldn't they be looking a that? It's as flat as a pancake and England has two bowlers.

You'd think they were facing Larwood and Tyson the way blokes on here are talking.

Anderson is a medium pacer these days who made the batsmen pay three balls pre lunch. His frost spell was Starc's opening salvo, only 20 mph slower and right handed. Cod ordinary. Broad is hotter and colder than a reheated microwave toastie. Wood is unproven but I mean look at that action. Be a miracle if he hits the deck. Stokes is shoddy cannon fodder and Ali is pus.

Let's get realistic here, people. Australia will be aiming at 600 plus here, and if they lose more thann two wickets getting there they will be annoyed at themselves.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Why wouldn't they be looking a that? It's as flat as a pancake and England has two bowlers.

You'd think they were facing Larwood and Tyson the way blokes on here are talking.

Anderson is a medium pacer these days who made the batsmen pay three balls pre lunch. His frost spell was Starc's opening salvo, only 20 mph slower and right handed. Cod ordinary. Broad is hotter and colder than a reheated microwave toastie. Wood is unproven but I mean look at that action. Be a miracle if he hits the deck. Stokes is shoddy cannon fodder and Ali is pus.

Let's get realistic here, people. Australia will be aiming at 600 plus here, and if they lose more thann two wickets getting there they will be annoyed at themselves.
He's back ladies and gentlemen.