• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How many 5-fors did Anderson take in that series? He bowled exceptionally well, but more due to consistency than anything else.

Off hand I don't actually remember taking more than one, and I don't remember where the one was. Melbourne?
My research suggests he didn't take any. Quite a few 4-fers though.

Spark

Global Moderator
Anderson never got a 5fer from memory. Bowled brilliantly and kept getting 3-4 each innings though
Yeah I remembered that Melbourne was hid best performance but I couldn't remember how many he took.

He bowled well enough to deserve a bag at Brisbane too, had zero luck iirc

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm getting this busy kind of interference on my TV. It sounds a bit like a crowd. Sometimes there's cheering, sometimes something that sounds like clapping, occasionally a song. Would this be the English crowd in action? As I haven't heard them since mid-2013 I thought I may have been getting a bit of interference from The Voice on the other channel.

Burgey

Interesting in this day and age that a bowler with Wood's approach and action gets to this level. You would almost expect that type of approach to have been coached out of a bloke these days.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Interesting in this day and age that a bowler with Wood's approach and action gets to this level. You would almost expect that type of approach to have been coached out of a bloke these days.
Yeah indeed, especially since he gets injured all the time.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Really impressed with how well Rogers and Warner left the ball there, against some good new ball bowling. Given how bad Australia has generally been at occupying the crease over the last few years, expected a lot more loose shots. Mostly due to the short session I guess, but still good to see.

Think 430 is no more than par on this surface really, so would have been disappointing to lose one.

OverratedSanity

Good period of cricket, that. Good new ball spell from Broad and I thought Warner, especially was pretty damn good at leaving outside off. Could be a lot of fun if he gets going.

TheJediBrah

wtf was Jimmy Anderson doing with that dismissal against Starc

I remember him being a solid, sensible blocking tail-ender who never threw his wicket away