• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit of an oddity to see the brakes go on like that without taking a wicket now. Top start from Stokes.

Need wickets soon still, like
Really good bowling from England tbf, particularly Willey. I also wonder if this pitch isn't holding up a touch more.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
you do realise we win a lot right?

like if you're so miserable in this era how did you not throw yourself off the harbour bridge during the dark years?
I'm not the one whinging about high scoring ODI's and pining for the good ol' days.
Not sure why you equate misery with legitimate questions regarding the approach of certain players and what their method is achieving.
Surely you can make your points without taking great umbrage all the time.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
The thing to remember about brendon's strike rate after the 8 over mark, that is often overlooked - hang on be right back have to answer a text.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Why does he need to preserve his wicket until later though? We really haven't looked in danger of being all out against any team not called Australia.
The semi-final, and the 2 matches against Australia, and we won 7 down chasing 146 against Scotland.
That's a reasonable proportion of our WC matches.
But not throwing your wicket away is generally a good idea I feel. If he was responsible enough to change his approach after having achieved his 'get away to a flyer role', he'd essentially do 2 jobs for his country.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
indian odis are on slow decks quite often and the scores there are higher than anywhere.

fast decks have proven to be the most bowler friendly in the modern era. pace, bounce and swing. look at some recent eden park odis like the world cup group match...
Cool story bro. Surely swing has nothing to do with whether the deck is fast or slow.....it's what the ball does in the air before it even hits the pitch. Yes, pace and fast equate to the same thing, but bounce is something else again. The commentators noted the bounce - the slow bounce - of this pitch earlier in the day.

I know you have a desperate need to shoot down any point I care to make, which is very tiresome, but In the context of *this series* we have had four fastish decks for some huge scores - which have been prematurely hailed as a new kind of ODI cricket - and now we have a slow pitch and a sub 5 an over run rate. This is an observation.

Last edited: