• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Crap news for the 3 injured players though missing these games may be a plan on their part given the carnage we have seen so far.

Never thought i'd say it but our attack looks very weak without Jordan.

I can't think that Henry is as inaccurate in domestic cricket as he has been this tour. Aside from the overbowling of the short ball, is probably straining for a little too much pace.
His pace was way down in the tests. Way down.

I think he bowls better when he has his heat up.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
This bowling is rubbish from McLeakinruns and Henry. Wheeler bowled well, as Boult has in earlier games. Southee bowled a lot of dross in his spell. Nothing to do with bigger bats, shorter boundaries, lighter balls, batsmen with arms like Popeye or any other pathetic excuse.

Howsie

International Captain
how many months of proper cricket could boult miss?

i mean no one gives a **** if he misses some odis and T20s as long as he's fit for Austraya
Depends obvs. Last time he had a back injury he was gone for nigh on two years though.

Meridio

International Regular
Not watching now, but it has looked to me so far this tour that they're trying to groom Henry as a hit-the-pitch third seamer type, rather than the Southee-lite that he has been previously. He's definitely bowled a lot shorter than I would have expected, both in terms of his stock ball and the number of bouncers he's bowled. Would much rather he develops as an attacking outswing bowler, it's what appears natural for him.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Not watching now, but it has looked to me so far this tour that they're trying to groom Henry as a hit-the-pitch third seamer type, rather than the Southee-lite that he has been previously. He's definitely bowled a lot shorter than I would have expected, both in terms of his stock ball and the number of bouncers he's bowled. Would much rather he develops as an attacking outswing bowler, it's what appears natural for him.
Mascaranus will sort him out, he knows how to develop a quality test-class fast bowler.

If Mitch wants to be aggressive, why doesnt he bowl line and length and just walk down the wicket and talk about the batsman's wife?

These agressive wide long hops are sending me to an early grave.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
India drew with the Bangas in the one-off test. Does that mean we go back to outright 3rd in the test rankings?

Skyliner

International 12th Man
If Mitch wants to be aggressive, why doesnt he bowl line and length and just walk down the wicket and talk about the batsman's wife?

These agressive wide long hops are sending me to an early grave.
If you bowl 'a heavy ball' as we are told Mitch does, then you have a licence to bowl whatever you want. The ability to ball a heavy ball, to be an into the wicket bowler, means you are a someone who really puts in - as opposed to your lazy slacker regular seam and swing bowlers. You are above criticism really.
Flintoff was revered for his 'heavy ball' credentials, among other things.

If you bowl 'a heavy ball' as we are told Mitch does, then you have a licence to bowl whatever you want. The ability to ball a heavy ball, to be an into the wicket bowler, means you are a someone who really puts in - as opposed to your lazy slacker regular seam and swing bowlers. You are above criticism really.
Flintoff was revered for his 'heavy ball' credentials, among other things.
You just compared Mitch to Flintoff. He will take it. Not sure Freddie will.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Should captains tell bowlers what to bowl? I spose Coney and Jeff Crowe et al used to tell Paddles what his bowling plans should be.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure, but I'd guess both Donald and Wright added quite a bit of value.
Nah they didn't, or at least Wright didn't. Southee was absolute arse in the 2011/12 season when Wright was coach. Donald may have had a positive influence in the short term but it didn't persist past his departure.